wierdo man checking bins???

i saw a wierd guy yesterday evening checking bins on whateley rd. at 5.30pm-ish he double parked his car, came out & looked in a few bins :-S before getting back in his car & driving off! i'm not quite sure what this could've been about. he was driving a saab 900I, a fairly old vehicle with a foreign number plate.......

puzzled....... :-S

I've asked James Barber in the Councillor thread http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,336529,467872,page=27#msg-467872 to check whether _any_ checking of waste is done by council officials. This one definitely sounds not. The car description sounds to me a useful enough piece of intelligence to pass on to the police. They are meant to have people who collate information. Car numbers, of course, are even better.

As posted by James Barber at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,336529,467901#msg-467901 [typos corrected]

"I did check some weeks ago with officers about people in yellow hi vis waste coats checking rubbish in the middle of the night. Categorically told not council officers. I then referred the matter to our local East Dulwich Police Safer Neighbourhood Team. IF you have more instances please report it to them."