Parking (Abbotswood Road)

I have lived at Abbotswood Road from its creation, and have enjoyed living here but for one fact. Dulwich Hamlet Football Ground. When they have their games on a Saturday afternoon the traffic is understandably bad but then I knew that when I moved here and with the expansion of Sainsbury's the situation got worse. However recently I have had to put up with the verbal abuse aimed at me when I have asked the louts that play on a Tuesdays and Thursdays evening not to park in my private car parking space. This has been getting worse due to the advent of a yellow line down the beginning of the Road.

Have Dulwich Hamlet any control of those that play for their club?? Then on their forum they ask for public support!!, but complaints made against the club and its members are ignored. If the latest news is to be believed the club will soon be sold and my problems may soon be over. Hip-Hip-Hooray>:D<

Careful for what you wish for, Jean. There could be worse things than the football club there.

It's actually, as far as I know, the five-a-side at astroturf area that causes the issue. Since Sainsburys started enforcing their parking, DHFC gating theirs and the posts going up stopping you from going down the lane to the area itself, plus the yellow lines (of which were absolutely needed) all the parking has been squeezed into Abbotswood Road.

Taking the lane posts down seems the obvious answer, but I have no idea who is responsible for those.

Do they really park in your off-street parking bay? That is a bit cheeky.

Hi Jean

I am a resident of Abbotswood Road and have full sympathy for you.

The guys who play on Tuesday and Thursday ...play games on the artificial pitch next to Dulwich Hamlet football ground.

Is your private parking place...off road? If so they should not park in it at all. I get sometimes annoyed when they are in sitting in their cars chatting to their mates blocking off their mates.

I would recommend making a complaint to Southwark Council Parking Enforcement...they do make occasional visits to our road...so feel free to stop them and comment. I would recommed taking a photo of the offending vehicle in your space.

The club should NOT be asking for public support to park in a public place that is quite outrageous...I would speak to Jack Payne (chairman of Dulwich Hamlet) about this , if its evident.

Hope that all helps!

I have sympathy too Jean. But I wouldn't like to see the posts removed from the road up to the football fields. I live on Burrow Road and our house is right behind that road, and when it was open we suffered terribly with people driving up there, revving their engines loudly, playing loud music while parked etc - really not ideal when trying to get small children to sleep. I hope a solution can be found, but I ask you to please not to suggest removing the posts on the road

Thanks