Chesterfield Terrace, Silvester Road (researching my Family History)

I am researching my Family History and in the 1891 census my maternal great grandfather is recorded as living at Chesterfield Terrace, Silvester Road. I can locate Silvester Road, but I cannot find Chesterfield Terrace. I wonder if anybody has any information about Chesterfield Terrace.

Hi - There is a Chesterfield Grove nearby, but it's possible that Chesterfield Terrace was the name of a few houses on Silvester Road. I used to live in Rodwell Road and there were plaques above some of the houses stating another name. My house and my neighbours had a plaque that said 'Rodwell Villas'. If the census states 'Chesterfield Terrace, Silvester Road', this would probably be true.

Or it could be the name of an alleyway off of Silvester Road, but I have a map from the 1880's of this area and it doesn't show any.

Have you checked the 1881 and the 1901 census? I have access to them if you would like me to check for you.

With thanks for this information. I am inclined to agree with you. Since my first posting I have discovered that 1-9 Chesterfield Terrace was in Underhill Road and 2-8 Chesterfield Terrace was in Silvester Road. I can see from the map that they run parallel to each other. The number of my Great grandparents' house would in fact be in Underhill Road. It almost looks from the Google street-view map that an access road that goes to a small car-park now behind that section of Underhill Road could in the past have been a roadway. I do have access to the census, but thanks anyway.

I have lived in one of the houses that was Chesterfield Terrace, Silvester Road, for the past 40 years, and it is called that on my Deeds. There was a small block of houses, which are now numbered 57 - 67 Silvester Road. I also do Family History.

Absolutely fascinating! Will also help with our research into my husband's maternal family in the Hackney and Bethnal Green area. Really puts the 'meat' on census facts. Many, many thanks.