Cycle Parking (in East Dulwich)

I'm moving to East Dulwich next week, and I'm thinking about getting a bike. But where is there to lock it to? I don't know if you can lock it to lamp posts, but from google streetview, I can't find anywhere along Melbourne Grove that has cycle stands. And the flat doesn't have inside space to store it.

Any ideas greatly appreciated :-)

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> loads of places - many reently added

ah so not on streetview. Thanks, I'll take a look around next week before finding a bike.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are a couple of large bicycle lockers

> outside ED station which you can hire, but I

> expect they're all taken.

>

> The bike won't last long if you keep it on the

> street.

Not even with everything locked up and seat taken away? Oh dear, maybe its not the best idea then.

I lived on Glengarry Road for 3 years and locked my bike on the street every day with no problems. It's not ideal but if you have no where else to store it, just make sure you invest in a really good chain and lock. I used to lock mine up with a chain that resembled a boat anchor!

Bikes left out on streets in London will go missing / be picked clean within weeks usually.

There's one near my office that was there for 3 days before the seat went, then that usuually opens the doors for people taking wheels etc - all this stuff will fetch a fiver second-hand which might seem petty but it's a lot to some people.

Don't leave it on the road - if your flat is too poky, sell your bike and get a folding Dahon / Brompton.