Oyster PAYG Daily Capped Rates From ED

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the daily charge and the capped rate for an Oyster card would be - for the following journey -

Morning Peak (before 9.30am):

One bus to Peckham Rye

Overland from Peckham Rye to London Blackfriars

Afternoon Peak (after 5.30pm but before 7.00pm)

Overland from London Blackfriars to Peckham Rye

One bus from Peckham Rye

I am considering riding to work from ED to save some cash, and I wanted to know what the daily costs would be as opposed to a weekly zone 1 - 2 travel card (which is currently ?25.80)

The TFL pricing structure has got me rather confused!

Thanks in advance

If your card is registered why not give it a go and then a couple of days later check on the web site. I was pleasantly suprised when I checked my public transport route to work using train and tube as it came out cheaper than it used to be.

Morning Peak (before 9.30am):

?1.20 - One bus to Peckham Rye

?2.10 - Overland from Peckham Rye to London Blackfriars

Afternoon Peak (after 5.30pm but before 7.00pm)

?2.10 - Overland from London Blackfriars to Peckham Rye

?1.20 - One bus from Peckham Rye

So you'd pay ?3.30 each way, ?6.60 daily charge, ?33 for a week. So you are better off with a ?25.80 travelcard.

If you're going to cycle there and back at least twice per week (i.e. four single trips/two return journeys) you'd be better off PAYG than weekly card, but that's assuming you never use the bus/train at the weekend and never use the tube in the week etc.

The daily peak time cap is ?7.20 - so you wouldn't get capped, and wouldn't want to be. It does mean that if you are on PAYG and you do take an extra tube or whatever, any extra travel is only going to cost you the extra 60p up to the cap price.

Clear as mud?

Hope helpful.

Well the TfL pricing lists seem to make sense but I can't work it out. I've been going to Canary Wharf for a day or two each week recently. It's all at peak rate. And the following shows up on my journey history:

Out:

ED to LB ?2.10

LB to CW ?1.10

Back:

CW to LB ?2.30

LB to ED ?1.10

Well I'm completely lost. But it costs less than I thought it would...and doesn't reach the daily cap.