Dulwich Medical Centre (Post removed)

• Administrator

Hi

I was away for the weekend and returned to find a thread with the title "Dulwich Medical Centre... bunch of ####s". This post has been removed because I do not want offensive threads/posts on the forum. Apologies to all those who were offended by it and the length of time it took to remove it.

• Administrator
A thread with that sort of title gets removed no questions asked and it should not have been up for as long as it was. When I get time to go through it and if it has some interesting info in it and after I have removed the expletives then yes, I'll put it back. If it does go back up then it will be in the ED Businesses section of the forum.

Draconian must be one of the more overused words in society today.

That said, I kind of agree with Nero, but then again, can see admin's point, the OP should have changed the title straight away (once they'd taken some deep breaths and calmed down).

>If it does go back up then it will be in the ED Businesses section of the forum.

Not specific to this thread, but I am concerned about threads on GP practices being assigned to the Businesses section. I think of them (still) as public services, like police, libraries, Royal Mail, schools, trains and buses, NHS hospitals, or any other NHS provision.

• Administrator

ghostdog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why allow the 'school for idiots' thread then??

No one complained about it, but I assume you are complaining now so I have edited the title of that thread.

> It's acceptable to call local children idiots?

I suggest you start a thread about it in the Family Room Discussion to find the answer, the thread in question was referring to the parents and their bus blocking parking techniques.

You said this thread was removed because you do not want offensive posts on the forum. Did people complain then or was it your own opinion? And is saying a school is 'for idiots' not equally offensive, with or without specific complaints?

• Administrator

ghostdog Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Did people complain then or was it your own opinion?

People complained.

> And is saying a school is 'for idiots' not equally

> offensive, with or without specific complaints?

Offensiveness is in the brain of the beholder. There were no complaints about the 'idiots' post until now and upon receiving the complaint we changed the 'offending' title.

What is offensive about the set of characters ####s?

Isn't that a pretty low offensiveness threshold?

I have no idea what was meant to be behind the # but assume it meant twits or something like that.

Maybe that's why nobody complained. It wasn't actually offensive unless you used your imagination to create a phrase that was actually offensive.

Personally, I'm more interested in what Dulwich Medical Centre have to say about their hypocracy in cancelling someones appointment when 2 minutes late, when they are usually running over 1/2 an hour late themselves, than I am about a number of the other posts on the forum. Perhaps you should consider putting it back (although I suppose it's your forum so you can do what you want...)

Admin has already confirmed that people did complain in the last post.

In the original version, it reads c***s, which is fairly clear. Whether or not you find it offensive, a number of people did and complained, I think Admin was right to respond.

• Administrator

Gimme, as you are "interested in what Dulwich Medical Centre have to say about their hypocracy" I suggest you contact them directly.

I do want to put the thread back up, I'm just finding it hard to find the time to go through it and edit it and as the original poster of that thread has reposted the message again the urgency has gone. I'm also locking this thread but the other one discussing the DMC is still open.

[edited once]