Traffic Alert - 14.6.10 Peckham Rye/E Dul Road Crossroads

This is what I found out. A CID car was chasing a stolen car towards the junction of ED Grove from Peckham Rye before having a head on smash (on the opp. side of the road). Three cars written off (including the CID car). Roof cut off one to free passengers. Am told the @$%! in the stolen car ran off uninjured. One man still on pavement being treated by a team of paramedics and doctors. Looks like he has serious head injuries (was fitting).....looks very serious. Don't know if he was a passenger or pedestrian. Air Ambulance still parked there but don't know how many injured. The local News might cover it tonight.

Gosh, this made me very queasy. Was in the garden with the children when the helicopter was about to land (had heard all the sirens slightly earlier and knew something awful must have happened). Cheered with the kids at a helicopter being so close that they could wave to the passengers without letting on what I now find it had been sent to help with. Terribly sad, I hope everyone pulls through and the driver of the stolen car is apprehended.

He was being chased by a CID car. I thought the police had a policy of not pursuing high speed pursuits in urban areas (for obvious reasons) but the placement of cars did suggest a red light infraction being met with a head on collision. The most seriously injured man, that I referred to earlier, did make it to hospital, but his head injuries did look very serious. If I can find out anything more on his progress I'll post.

So sorry to hear this idm - how is your Father doing now? Did the Police/hospital not even call your Father's 'In case of emergency' number? I thought that was standard fare for all incidents.

They laboured the importance of having one some time ago..

I got a call from a sargent saying I had to get to the hospital quick as he was critical but thats the only news I gotformally from the police.

Dad is doing well, hes stable. still undergoing tests for any long term damage. lucky to be alive no thanks to that piece of scum. I have heard (I cannot varify this though) the a-hole is out of hospital and out on bail. I dispair I really do, where is the justice??

DJKillaQueen (and everyone).....No idea where you got your info from, maybe chinese whispers. There was no police chase, not even a police vehicle involved. There was an off duty officer in a car behind the accident who got involved. Big and important difference.

CourtLaner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> DJKillaQueen (and everyone).....No idea where you

> got your info from, maybe chinese whispers. There

> was no police chase, not even a police vehicle

> involved. There was an off duty officer in a car

> behind the accident who got involved. Big and

> important difference.

Wow Courtlaner, you're like, so sensitive.

This pileup is awful for all involved. idm, I really hope your Dad restores to full health soon.

slight tangent> This crossroads is possibly the worst that I know, the phasing seems to change from hour to hour, nobody seems to pay the slightest bit of attention to the lights changing. When did it get to be this bad?

intrikat Wrote:

> CourtLaner Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > DJKillaQueen (and everyone).....No idea where

> you

> > got your info from, maybe chinese whispers.

> There

> > was no police chase, not even a police vehicle

> > involved. There was an off duty officer in a

> car

> > behind the accident who got involved. Big and

> > important difference.

>

> Wow Courtlaner, you're like, so sensitive.

>

>xxxxxxxx

Hang on, surely it's important to know if the information about the cause of the accident previously given in this thread is wrong?

As and when I find out what happend I will let you know. However the police have told me this and so this is all I can rely on and treat it as the truth:

1) A man jumped the lights in a stolen car

2) the stolen car hit a car which was spun around into on coming traffic

3) two other cars were involved - no details about their damage or how they were damaged

4) police personell apprehended the man at the scene

from this you can infer what happened. but it is an eyewitness who will be able to say exactly what happend in what order and by whom.

idm. really hope your dad pulls through this with no long term damage - horrible time for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

CourtLaner said

"DJKillaQueen (and everyone).....No idea where you got your info from, maybe chinese whispers. There was no police chase, not even a police vehicle involved. There was an off duty officer in a car behind the accident who got involved. Big and important difference."

Thanks for trying to clarify things by countering other people's information. To make it even clearer, could you state your sources for your information.

Cheers

I totally agree with Intrikat - this junction is a nightmare...I have to turn right into PR from ED Road twice a day and the oncoming traffic always jumps the red lights - by a lot. I can only think that the timing is wrong on the other side - surely not that many people jump lights?

I know this is tangential for idm's Father's incident - sorry idm!

citizenED Wrote:

> idm. really hope your dad pulls through this with

> no long term damage - horrible time for you and

> your family. My thoughts are with you.

>

> CourtLaner said

>

> "DJKillaQueen (and everyone).....No idea where you

> got your info from, maybe chinese whispers. There

> was no police chase, not even a police vehicle

> involved. There was an off duty officer in a car

> behind the accident who got involved. Big and

> important difference."

>

> Thanks for trying to clarify things by countering

> other people's information. To make it even

> clearer, could you state your sources for your

> information.

>

> Cheers

My info comes directly from officers who were involved in the incident whom i know personally. Obviously there is a limit to what i can write on a public forum but the info i have written is 100% true and i felt it important that the police chase story is corrected as it doesn't do anybody any good.