Bad dog owners (dogs mess)

...is it just me or is anyone else fed up having to tell dog owners to clear up their dogs mess?

Example: this morning walking across the Rye a well spoken lady wandering along on her mobile phone - too busy to keep an eye on her dog and notice it fouling near the path. I let her know what had happened but she was too flustered and because she hadn't seen it happen said she would never find it now!! I might have expected this response from an embarrassed teenager, but not from a grown woman. I told her roughly where it would be and said she ought to try to find it...meanwhile her dog was making more mess near the cafe. I don't know if she did clear it up as i had to rush off, but this is despicable behaviour from anyone in this modern age, but more importantly in a park that is used by all age groups and where we want our children to run around safely without the fear of them falling into a pile of dog poo!

Dog owners, please be responsible and clear up after your pet.

rant over

I've taken to carrying around spare shoes for my toddler as he has ended up with dog muck on this shoes so many times. It won't be long before he falls in some. Don't people realise that dog muck is full of germs and if those enter someones system; eg. via a cut, the consequences can be life threatening! It makes me so cross!

One week my kids and the buggy went through 4 lots of dog poo in PR Park and on the path near the cafe. ARRGH. I was so fed up I binned the pair of shoes on the fourth time.

Another time, when I challenged a lady about her doug fouling her language in response was even more foul. As I threatened to take a photo and her car registration number she ran off to her car - leaving her poor dog behind to run free near the road! Eventually she came and reclimaed it but not without more attitude and bad language.

Severely fed up with it!!!!

You can report it.

If you are willing to stand up in court (because it could come to that) you should report it to environment department with your photo evidence and/or the dog owner's car registration number.

They council's environment department really are serious about it.

I walk my two jacks every morning and always pick up. so do all the other dog owners I know. of course, there are back sliders everywhere, but I do feel the people on this forum love to magnify dog problems. some of you won't be happy until dogs are banned everywhere.

davidh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I walk my two jacks every morning and always pick

> up. so do all the other dog owners I know. of

> course, there are back sliders everywhere, but I

> do feel the people on this forum love to magnify

> dog problems.

^

THAT

Someone lets their dog regularly shit at our front gate. So our toddlers get it all over their feet as we try and leave the house in the morning. This is a regular thing. guess the dog has chosen our gateway as its preferred spot!

Fuschia Wrote:

> Someone lets their dog regularly shit at our front

> gate. So our toddlers get it all over their feet

> as we try and leave the house in the morning. This

> is a regular thing. guess the dog has chosen our

> gateway as its preferred spot!

That's disgraceful. Can you try to set up a CCTV type cam or neighbourhood stakeout to catch the culprit?

davidh,

Like you I'm on the Rye nearly every day and do see the odd bit of poop, but for the most part it is very clear and I do see the bulk of owners make a concerted effort to pick up. As I've said before, many times, my big issue is with all the broken glass- so very dangerous for children and for dogs too. Strangely it never gets mentioned.

As ever, we all hate dog pooh, I just don't see that it is as big a problem as some make out. I am slightly amazed that so many toddlers seemed to get it over their shoes on such a regular basis.

Fuschia Wrote:

Wait till they do it, follow them, then dump it on their doorstep.

Fuschia Wrote:

It probably has become a prefered spot so it needs to be nipped in the bud. Try 'Get off' - it come in the form of gel crystals that you spinkle over the area that you want animals to keep away from. You should be able to get it in most DIY shops (I think I got it from B&Q). You do need to remove traces of previous fouling as much as possible first. It comes as a spray as well but I don't find it works at all.

Get the council to put one of the yellow signs saying "bag it and bin it" on the pavement by your gate. This does seem to help.

You are sure that it is dog pooh and not fox pooh? The latter tends to be very dark, nearly black and foxes will mark the same areas with pooh.

first mate Wrote:

> Get the council to put one of the yellow signs

> saying "bag it and bin it" on the pavement by

> your gate. This does seem to help.

Ironically I once saw a dog had done a massive pooh on top of a "bag it and bin it" stencil that had been spraypainted onto the pavement in hayes grove

I'm glad i'm not the only one who is annoyed by this. I love dogs, but i don't when people don't clear up after them. I'm sure most do, but the few who don't just make everyone else look bad. I too have pushed my pushchair through street ons dark and/or rainy winter afternoons when the poo is disguised. Cleaning poo off a pushchair wheel is very difficult when you live in a flat and do not have an external water source to hose down. The idea of clearing up poo for someone, following them and smearing it over their front door has crossed my mind, but i figured that it might be taking things a bit far!! humph!

Fuschia, that is so shocking that someone allows their dog to do that. he chemical stuff sounds like a good idea, but i'd be tempted to catch the crime on camera and have the owner prosecuted. If it's not your doorstep, they will move on to someone else's...unless it is a fox!

I regularly have fox poo in my garden and what my daughters trod in when they were toddlers was dog sh!t.

Nothing has changed in twenty years except some owners do work to the letter of the law and clean up after their animals, and with those good dog owners I have no gripe at all.

There are far too many of the lazy, the macho, and the couldn't careless dog owners which suggests to me that it is far too easy for the self indulgent to own a dog!

Animals are a full time gig, and it takes a mature adult attitude to cope with all that is necessary for dog maintenance and ownership.

first mate Wrote:

>

> You are sure that it is dog pooh and not fox pooh?

> The latter tends to be very dark, nearly black and

> foxes will mark the same areas with pooh.

No, its light coloured. We do get foxes pooing in our (back) garden too. But this is a dog, and its owner must walk it past our gate regularly as this happens at least once a week. Fed up with our toddlers getting it on their shoes and it's not nice cleaning it up as I'm pregnant.. is it just cat poo you should avoid when pregnant?

"I've taken to carrying around spare shoes for my toddler as he has ended up with dog muck on this shoes so many times. It won't be long before he falls in some. Don't people realise that dog muck is full of germs and if those enter someones system; eg. via a cut, the consequences can be life threatening! It makes me so cross!"

This post is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard. Yes stepping in dog poo is annoying, and yes dog owners should clear it up, and yes you probably shouldn't put it in your mouth but this type of hysteria ("life threatening) is uneccessary, unhelpful and dramatic.

What I don't understand is that the issue of dog poo seems to rear its ugly head every month or so on this forum. It is beyond me why people are so fixated on it. As has been mentioned if its really an issue you can contact the council. It's unlikely that the type of people who don't clear up after their dogs would read this forum or take notice anyway; there are some people who only think of themselves. There are also some people who instead of dealing with an issue would prefer to moan about it on an online forum. I don't think anything can be done about either, but I know which I find more annoying.