Stolen scooter: an appeal for info and a warning

Hi guys,

My housemate?s scooter was stolen last night (Orange, R Reg, 60ish cc so quite distinctive sounding, very well loved) from the corner of Forest Hill Road / Mundania Road, SE22 ? if you?ve seen it (or anything suspicious that might be related) please get in touch via this thread. Oh, and as an opportunistic thief seem to be about, please be careful with locking your own stuff up...

Cheers

Alex

MY son's scooter was stolen a few months back from corner of Scutari & Marmora. Police recovered it by accident 6 hours later when pinching a white transit van for minor traffic offence - in the back it had two stolen scooters. They had lifted the locked bike from the front of the house - and only later broken the locks.

The culprits were charged with theft - never heard the outcome, but if they were not too clever maybe it's the same gang at it again? Police should be aware of the previous theft(s) I referred to.

Several years ago I caught the same teenager three times over a period of about 3 months on stolen motorbikes or scooters.

Reported him each time. I hope you can ask the police to keep you informed. Get the name and number of one policeman in particular then hang on to him for information!

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They had lifted

> the locked bike from the front of the house - and

> only later broken the locks.

Nice example of why you should always chain it to something if possible, not just through the wheel. Even a big bike can be lifted by 3 or 4 people with scaffold poles through the wheels into the back of a van, ideally soundproofed in case of alarms.