Hello from The Lane Safer Neighbourhoods Team (SNT)

Hello all,

I have been keeping an eye on the forum for some time now and as communication appears to be improving between the police and public, I still feel that there is more that can be done. This is the reason I have decided to register here.

I am the Sergeant responsible for "The Lane" ward and whilst I appreciate that we are not in East Dulwich, our ward borders East Dulwich Road and Peckham Rye. It seems that quite often users of this forum come across onto my ward.

If there are any issues you have then maybe I can help....

Please feel free to get in touch through the forum however I cannot disucss ongoing cases in the public domain but I am more than happy to be contacted through here or else I can be contacted through our email address at [email protected]

Thanks for your time,

Mark Hurst

PS 25MD

The Lane SNT

Bellenden Road SNT Base

SE15

Might I make a suggestion that you edit your first post with a map of what area you cover?

I am in Peckham Rye and Nunhead Ward and some of EastDulwich SE22 is in that too!

I will try and get the Sgt of my ward to sign up on here too. Do please remember to check in here regularly!

If you can keep Rye Lane free of illegally parked traffic, which impedes many hundreds of bus passengers every hour, then you will be doing a good job. Nobody seems to ticket the big lorries and white vans that offload to businesses in Peckham, whereas in SE22 you can get ticketed just as soon as you are one minute out of time.

Hear hear Nero, Peckham seems to have a rule for itself! I have so many issues I would like to raise about 'The Lane' area, I personally cannot wait any longer for the bulldozers to come in and clear the stinking smelly slum that Rye Lane has become, that would go a long way to putting a smile on my face, but on a more serious note, what measures are being taken to make the area around Peckham Rye station safer late at night? I have had many worrying experiences down there, some of which have been documented on here many moons ago, and I now no longer choose to use any form of public transport. This kind of links in with the use of Rye Lane for driving through too and the selfish people who park on the roads.

Louisa.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Might I make a suggestion that you edit your first

> post with a map of what area you cover?

> I am in Peckham Rye and Nunhead Ward and some of

> EastDulwich SE22 is in that too!

Good idea. In the meantime you can see a ward map here on the Bellenden Residents' Group site which shows the three wards in the Nunhead & Peckham Rye Community Council. These are The Lane, Peckham Rye and Nunhead wards. This Community Council map shows where they border East Dulwich ward and South Camberwell ward.

Some other boundary maps can be found here on the site.

If anyone can get the equivalent ward boundary maps for the Dulwich and Camberwell Community Councils and can post them here, I will gladly also post them on the website as well.

Friends of DKH Wrote:

> Yes - but I cannot the information on either of

> their websites. A little more digging and I found

> a list of contacts for different wards here:

> http://www.southwarkweekender.co.uk/00,news,4961,5

> 26,00.htm

Hi - of course these details - names and maybe some phone numbers - go out of date as this one is 3 years old. But if Sgt Mark Hurst - who started this excellent Lane police corner is reading this - can you suggest to the Southwark police management that they get posted somewhere a list of all SNT contact details so we can all find it?

Karrie Wrote:

> http://www.met.police.uk/saferneighbourhoods/

>

> all you have to do is put your postcode in and

> your team will come up with all the names, mug

> shots, email and phone number to contact them.

> It will also give you a list of all the drop in

> surgeries that you can go and see them in person.

Just a slight warning - the maps of the ward and SNT police boundaries are stylised and not actual. So they are not accurate near the boundaries for individual streets.