Boy in the park-Beware

On Monday I was walking my dog around the outside of Dulwich Park as I do every morning and I was approached by a young boy who firstly asked me the time then made some lewd comments while holding on to his genitals. Before this I noticed two undercover police looking for someone so put two and two together and approached them with my story. They were looking for him and ran after him, followed by a police car patrolling the park. I'm not sure if they got him as I saw him in the bushes again yesterday sitting on one of the tree stumps.

Please be aware of this boy as although young (maybe around 12-16) he came across very menacing and I did feel rather threatened and intimidated (being 5 months pregnant doesn't help either). He is about 5 foot, short dark hair, very pale skin and was wearing black school trousers and a grey pullover/hoodie type jumper.

Jilly xx

Poor you. Curious as to how you knew the cops were cops?

I feel sorry for the boy's parents when they find out what he has been doing. I have had more than my fair share of flashers since living in London. In cars (when called over by a man asking for directions), Bond Street tube station, and also while walking my dog.

I was in Dulwich Park today and left the outside track when I noticed a very large man lurking about near some trees. He gave me the creeps. Maybe he was harmless but didn't want to risk it.

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cate he was probably having a pee.

No, he wasn't. At least not when I saw him and I watched him for about 2 minutes. I had been on the track, went off it to dispose of a poo bag and then wanted to rejoin the track and saw him lurking about.

stevebailey Wrote:

> You stood and watched someone who gave you the

> creeps for 2 minutes???!!!

I wasn't close by ! Watched through the trees while with my dog and at least 25 feet away. There were other people near me on the road/pavement near exercise machines. He gave me the creeps because he seemed to be lurking and I wanted to see what he was doing. There are lots of female joggers and runners using that path at that time.

Yes it does sound like the same boy and a very disfunctional one at that. I went to the wardens office yesterday when I saw him again but they were closed so I reported it at the ED police station as he's obviously not been scared off by the police on Monday.

Wouldn't it be funny if he was telling his mates about this woman in the park who gave him the creeps by staring at him for 2 minutes or more....

cate Wrote:

> stevebailey Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You stood and watched someone who gave you the

> > creeps for 2 minutes???!!!

>

>

> I wasn't close by ! Watched through the trees

> while with my dog and at least 25 feet away.

> There were other people near me on the

> road/pavement near exercise machines. He gave me

> the creeps because he seemed to be lurking and I

> wanted to see what he was doing. There are lots of

> female joggers and runners using that path at that

> time.

cate Wrote:

> stevebailey Wrote:

> -----

> > You stood and watched someone who gave you the

> > creeps for 2 minutes???!!!

>

>

> I wasn't close by ! Watched through the trees

> while with my dog and at least 25 feet away.

> There were other people near me on the

> road/pavement near exercise machines. He gave me

> the creeps because he seemed to be lurking and I

> wanted to see what he was doing. There are lots of

> female joggers and runners using that path at that

> time.

Gotta be honest, I feel sorry for the guy who was 'lurking' and giving you the creeps by doing so, when you were 'lurking' behind some trees with your dog watching him for a good 2 minutes.

Seems as though you were doing exactly what he was!

Bloody lurkers!

I think I spotted this boy a few weeks back and was thinking of putting a post on here but didn't really have much to say, except I'd spotted him first walking around the lake - it was quite at the time, 9.30ish and I was with my little boy. It was really warm out but he had a hoody on, and kept looking back at me - i'm 7 months pregnant so it wasn't as if he was admiring my figure! Then I noticed him walking along the dog walking path, and he then stopped and was just hovering around. He just looked a bit odd and to be honest I did feel a bit uneasy.

If i spot him again will inform the wardens.

stevebailey Wrote:

> cate Wrote:

> -----

> > stevebailey Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > You stood and watched someone who gave you the

>

> > > creeps for 2 minutes???!!!

> >

> >

> > I wasn't close by ! Watched through the trees

> > while with my dog and at least 25 feet away.

> > There were other people near me on the

> > road/pavement near exercise machines. He gave me

>

> > the creeps because he seemed to be lurking and I

>

> > wanted to see what he was doing. There are lots

> of

> > female joggers and runners using that path at

> that

> > time.

>

> __________________________________________________

> _________

>

> Gotta be honest, I feel sorry for the guy who was

> 'lurking' and giving you the creeps by doing so,

> when you were 'lurking' behind some trees with

> your dog watching him for a good 2 minutes.

> Seems as though you were doing exactly what he

> was!

> Bloody lurkers!

Solitary men don't lurk on that part of the path. And I wasn't on the path at that point. I take it you are not a woman, Steve or is it Stephanie? therefore you wouldn't understand this and lots of other things. It's like men who walk behind a woman on the pavement, usually at night, not overtaking her and not crossing over to the other side of the road. It's frightening for a woman but I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You sound like a real plonker.

cate I think stevebailey is just having a bit of fun. To be fair, your "I watched through the trees" line did make me laugh, and leave you open to a bit of teasing.

It's an interesting point you make about men walking behind women. I do usually try to take over, or drop back if they walk fast, but then as I'm gaining, I think "do they think someone is coming up behind them to attack them?" It's difficult.

To be fair, I wouldn't cross the road, I don't think I should have to just because I am a bloke out at night.

I spent an interesting week recently at a resort where the wildlife were very human friendly.They are used to humans and thus act differently than if they were truly in the wild. They just come up to the villa door looking for food.If you leave it open the squirrels come in and help themselves. However there was a pecking order.Ducks and birds would chase off the squirrels. The only species the squirrel could bully were the cute rabbits. In the context of this thread what does this mean?

> Solitary men don't lurk on that part of the path.

> And I wasn't on the path at that point. I take it

> you are not a woman, Steve or is it Stephanie?

> therefore you wouldn't understand this and lots of

> other things. It's like men who walk behind a

> woman on the pavement, usually at night, not

> overtaking her and not crossing over to the other

> side of the road. It's frightening for a woman but

> I wouldn't expect you to understand that. You

> sound like a real plonker.

I can understand why you might find that frightening but if what you say is the case for a lot of women (ie. having a man walk on the same pavement as them at night causing fear of attack) then I think that is a real shame. I must honestly say that when walking behind someone of any gender at night time, I would not be thinking to myself that perhaps I should cross the road in case I'm making them worry I might jump them...I'm simply walking down the pavement.

I often cross the road if I find myself following a lone woman at night. It's a simple consideration that takes virtually no effort on my part and I find the idea that it somehow impinges on my rights as a man, as Keef seems to suggest, rather odd.

It is sad but having been mugged from behind once... it does make me slightly nervous and I do feel better if the person behind either crosses over OR preferably, when I turn to glance behind, makes eye contact with a smile, nod or other acknowledgement.

While I know a mugger/rapist/axe murderer may be equally capable of making eye contact, I do feel safer since it shows that they're not worried about letting me see their face. And it feels a little more like a community/local friendliness action - just as you'd nod or say good morning in daylight.