Fire on Whatley Road

What a shame that it wasn't the business (Le Garage..merde) itself that was burned down. Advice to all ED car owners. Never take your car there to be repaired or maintained!!

I stupidly had some work done at the garage recently. On going to pick up my vehicle I was informed that the garage owner had taken the car for a test drive. I asked his son if he could phone him...to be told the phone had been cut off and the owner had gone to pay the bill..in my car!! The car was returned to the garage three hours later..minus thirty pounds worth of petrol..missing in action I presume!

The owner had clearly used the car for his own personal business from Friday to Monday. Outrageous.

I was then presented with a bill for ?375.00 for work carried out. I asked for a receipt for parts that had been (allegedly) fitted. He was unable to produce them claiming they were second hand from a breakers yard and had been paid for in cash. he cited that the yard was situated on Ilderton Road. I subsequently visited every breakers yard in that vicinity. No Mercedes parts had been sold in the past week. There had also been no Mercedes broken up at any establishment I visited in the last six months!

I asked the owner to produce the part that he had replaced. He rattled around, made a few metal against metal noises and told me it had been recycled!! Yeah right...along with the cloth and polish he'd used to clean up the original part.

Called the police...told a matter for Trading Standards..or why not try the C.A.B!!

He parked my car in the premises and informed me that I would be charged ?50.00 per day for storage until I paid the bill. Over a barrell! I knocked him down to ?240.00...with spit on my shoes as a receipt.

Please, the man is a rogue, a scheister and a charlatan. Do not patronise this business!

sweetgirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> free home safety check & smoke alarms fitted by

> your local fire stn.... call 08000 284 428

absolutely! Check your smoke alarms and replace the batteries if need be. If anyone wants more specific advice on top of calling the LFB number above then please PM me (I'm a fire officer).

To put things into perspective, fires like this are thankfully rare. Just take some simple precautions and stay safe folks.