People putting cones out to reserve parking spots

Otto

Hi - does anyone know the appropriate bureaucrat to contact who might stop someone from putting cones out to reserve a parking spot on a daily basis? My neighbours and I are all trying to avoid direct confrontation with this individual as none of us are that brave...

Thanks, Otto

If the cones are met police cones, then a phone call to the local nick telling them your neighbour has some of their property should quickly sort out the problem.

From a brief "google" it seems the placing the cones on the road constitutes "obstructing the highway" and is technically an offence.

But proving it and enforcing it won't be so straightforward.

They are notvthere at night as his car is parked there at that point and I am also guessing he would just procure new cones...but I like the idea of dressing up stealth - maybe with a baklava and doing just that.

Try and use the "Strangers on a Train" technique - find someone else On the other side of SE22 with the same issue - maybe via this forum?- and agree to move each others cones. That way neither of you will be recognised or rumbled because even if you are spotted you won't have a motive. Hey ho, the perfect murder...

What kind of arrogant cock does this!

1. Set up hidden cctv / web cam looking at parking space.

2. Move the cones.

3. Park your car there.

3. When the prick either attempts to beat you up or vandalizes your car, the whole thing will be on CCTV, so you can haul him up in court.

Out of interest, why are you too scared to move the cones? Be brave, move them and see what happens you bunch of middle class, London softies. You have assumed that this guy is some kind of maniac, I imagine without ever having speaken to him... grow some bones and deal with the situation.

If you are a girl,I can understand your fear, if a bloke, you dissapoint me big time.

Fair do's, if you can't beat him, join him. Do a deal, get some cones of your own and you, him and the other neighbour can run a cone maffia on the street. All three of you would be guaranteed a parking space and you'd have this 'hardman' backing you up.

The long term solution of course is to move out of this dreadful town. If something so simple as parking near to your own house is a daily drama, I think you should take the hint.

I think we live in quite a socially diverse area and some people who are not equipped to deal with that.

honaloochie, do you think the world would be a better place if everyone had big dogs and put cones out? No, some men are girls and that does make the world a better place. That said, I would stick with my rugby playing alpha male over a girl any day.

Otto, pm me your address and I will be your stranger on a train and complain about it for you.

elderflower Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think we live in quite a socially diverse area

> and some people who are not equipped to deal with

> that.

What does this mean? Who is not equipped to deal with what?

> honaloochie, do you think the world would be a

> better place if everyone had big dogs and put

> cones out? No, some men are girls and that does

> make the world a better place.

Elderflower, I've not suggesting anything at all about 'big dogs' and I've just checked and am not 'pro-cone'. The world would be a better place in my view if people paid a bit more attention.

Are some men girls? Seems a little unlikely.

That said, I would

> stick with my rugby playing alpha male over a girl

> any day.

>

And, Elderflower I wish you both nothing but good things and long life together. Cheers.

"He is a pretty tough guy".

He may look it but if he can't take it as good as he threatens to dish it out then he ain't is he.

That includes letting him watch you displace his cones if you cannot park anywhere.

Have someone with you like your neighbour who's also to scared to deal with this dick, then at least you have a witness.