anybody going to the street party on sunday....

There's also a street party on Crystal Palace Road, between noon and 5pm.

See the thread in the "What's On" section of the forum! It's the part of the road between North Cross Road and Whateley Road.

:)-D

Edited to say: Bring food to share, plus picnic chairs if you have them, there will be lots of fun including games, music, a plant stall and a raffle :)

I'll pop in (or out?) to the Ivanhoe Rd one. The other half started getting worryingly competitive when she heard there was a cake competition. I'll bring some chicken and a few beers... donkey sounds good too, maybe with a jerk marinade.

the bellenden road one was excellent last year so come along - everyone is invited!

12 - 5pm

the road will be closed to traffic between avondale rise and oxenford road, and the shops on bellenden road are getting involved giving away free drinks and food!

Crystal Palace Road has live music from 2pm including Jen Doyle and Joe Fowler (brilliant local duo who you may have seen when they played the final set at the Dulwich Fair on Goose Green earlier in the year :) ) and Fran McGillivray and Mike Burke (equally brilliant but quite different local blues duo who supported Eliza Carthy and Saul Rose at DHFC a couple of weeks back).

PLUS

There will be a busker who we are told is fantastic, plus CPR resident Fidel with his band will be playing at around 3.30pm after the raffle (raffle is at 3pm - excellent prizes!!)

PLUS

Before the live music there will be Big Chill/Goose Is Out! DJs with a mixture of all kinds of music, much of which we hope you will sing along to :)

Yeah me too Steve.....I could offer them decks and blatently promote my own trumpet, after all there's nothing like a community event to hijack is there?

Bit mean to say that I know but when within 11 posts someone posts TWICE to promote their event when the thread isnt even about them just pees me off a little.

sophiesofa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you have to live on the street or just live

> really near? Sounds fun.

They are open to anyone sophie and you can drop by to more than one. I'll put up a list in a moment of all the ones locally. Go to them all if you want to :))

Sorry - just trying to give info to people who may not have seen the other thread, which is in the "What's On" section.

The title of the thread says "the" street party, although as has been pointed out there are several street parties going on in East Dulwich.

Surely the more information about them all the merrier - then people can decide which they want to go to, although I guess as this is about getting to know your neighbours, most people will go to the one nearest them?

Apologies if I've pissed anyone off, but I was only trying to spread the word :-S

As anybody else can do about their street party .....

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> sophiesofa Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Do you have to live on the street or just live

> > really near? Sounds fun.

>

>

> They are open to anyone sophie and you can drop by

> to more than one. I'll put up a list in a moment

> of all the ones locally. Go to them all if you

> want to :))

Thanks DJKQ!

No worries Sue, I'm sure it's gonna be a great day for all the parties... :)-D

OK I think this is pretty much all of them in the forum area (apologies if I've missed anyone out)

Bellenden Road

Gowlett Road

Crystal Palace Road

Peckham Rye Apartments (formerly Kings on the Rye)

Nunhead Green

Lyndhurst Way

Denman Road

Ivanhoe Road

Vestry Road

Cornflower Terrace (off Dunstan?s Road)

Beckwith Road

Hollingbourne Road

Ruskin Walk

Fawnbrake Grove

Brantwood Road

Westwood Park

Waveney Avenue

Sue Wrote:

> Sorry - just trying to give info to people who may

> not have seen the other thread, which is in the

> "What's On" section.

>

> The title of the thread says "the" street party,

> although as has been pointed out there are several

> street parties going on in East Dulwich.

>

> Surely the more information about them all the

> merrier - then people can decide which they want

> to go to, although I guess as this is about

> getting to know your neighbours, most people will

> go to the one nearest them?

>

> Apologies if I've pissed anyone off, but I was

> only trying to spread the word :-S

>

> As anybody else can do about their street party

> .....

Thats fair enough Sue, I also took it to be a thread for anyone to talk about the street parties coming up and think (hope) that most can decide for themselves which is most convenient/appealing.

Best of luck to everyone, clearly a lot of effort and hard work by the organisers.

Might pop along to my nearest one - Sunday is a lazy day after all :)

If you were on CP Road (or even if you weren't and are wondering what you missed!) check this out: Helen Jermyn, our lovely 'official' photographer, will put her photos from the CP Rd Big Lunch on

Helen Jermyn

The set's called "Crystal Palace Road Big Lunch 2010" and the privacy level will be set to public which means anyone can view the photos there.

Sue was spot on with her prediction that it would be a great party - she helped to make it so. And thanks for the thanks, Fuschia, we're delighted you enjoyed yourself!

Was at the Crystal Palace Road party from 2 onwards and it was a perfect way to spend the afternoon - eating lovely food, enjoying great live music (who was that amazing singer in the last set?) and enjoying good company. Bumped into old friends, spent time with forum friends and made new friends. Not bad for a sunny Sunday.

A very big thank you to the organisers and to everyone who brought food to share.