Can Camberwell Grove join East Dulwich?

Maurice

I live in the heart of Camberwell Grove. Can we actually just start calling to 'The Grove', as many do and drop the Camberwell bit.

Further, can we sever our ties with the poorly resourced, hopeless Camberwell and become East Dulwich, or even just Dulwich? What about it?

Please?

Maurice Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I live in the heart of Camberwell Grove. Can we

> actually just start calling to 'The Grove', as

> many do and drop the Camberwell bit.

Are you this side of the railway line or the C***erwell side of the line?

If the latter, then go here.. http://www.camberwellonline.co.uk/ we don't want your sort.... ;-)

Please don't send me to that blog or that Forum. Wanna know why I want to join you? Go visit those sites. Jeez.

Yes I do live on the wrong side of the tracks, but at the bottom of the road the wrong way we'll soon have St George's third-time-luck pretty nice development and we have a few good pubs. I think we need to traffic manage people from entering from the Camberwell side and produce our own little draw bridges.

You know you want us. The Grove is far better than some bits of East Dulwich proper. Please take us. We can't take being attached to a third-world country much longer.

Maurice, that's rather snooty isn't it and quite frankly pathetic. I feel you are suffering from East Dulwich Envy. Camberwell Grove is a unique bit of Camberwell with some of the finest houses this side of the river. Be satisfied with what you've got. Unless of course you find it within youself to move to ED proper.

Maurice Wrote:

> The Grove is far better than some bits of East Dulwich proper.

You're not endearing yourself you know ;-)

> We can't take being attached to a third-world country much longer.

Yep, Camberwell is indeed very toilet.

Must promise to drink in Hoopers at least once a month though. (Ivanhoe Road)

Unless you can acquire East Dulwich Nationality via your birth or descent, you will most likely need to qualify under the East Dulwich Naturalisation process.

The granting of a Certificate of Naturalisation is at the discretion of the EDF and there are criteria that need to be met. All candidates must:

Own at least one Bugaboo

Use clean needles when jacking up Heroin

Promise not to defecate on Foxtons shopfront window

Have sufficient knowledge of Lordship Lane

Promise to forego the use of plastic bags

Only shop for Organic produce

You can't have it both ways, Maurice. You can't have the area and the architecture.

I wouldn't have minded a nice little Georgian flat-fronted number, but there aren't any in SE22.

And if there were they'd be, er, quite expensive.

Anybody seen inside the ?1.7million house for house for sale on the corner of Peckham Rye on Forest Hill Road. Opposite the Co-Op. That's Forest Hill Road, Opposite the Co-Op and 1.7 million quid.

downsouth Wrote:

> It's been converted into flats last time I saw -

> seven if my quick glance was accurate.

Not as far as I understand it.. it's being marketed as a five bedroomed house with posh new fitted kitchen. Maybe the developers had a change of mind half way through.

It's obviously a fantastic house with (potentially) an amazing garden. But I'm still not quite sure who would want to pay so much cash to live.. there..

Maurice Wrote:

> Assuming this is akin to the UK's recent point

> system, can you specify the a) required total and

> b) point value of each...

I?m an out borough type and I had to write a test to prove my East Dulwichness before I was granted residency.

It included having to have a remedial knowledge of East Dulwich Rhyming Slang terms like: Goose Green Fair ? Au pair.

As in, I?ve sent the goose down the crocs (socks and crocs ? shops) with the rigs (3 wheeled rig ? kid) so that I can go down 197 (197 ? Peckham) for a foxton?s (foxton?s fear ? beer) with my williams (William rose steak ?mate).

Anyone else? No? just me?

I?ll get my coat then.

goose green fair = aupair: that is fantastic, brilliant, i love it. i think this should be sent to time out.

however ...

i hate to break it to everyone (especially the estate agents that happily refer to one tree dulwich and dulwich boarders with serious faces) that under a picture of pete doherty looking sh*t in one of the freebie papers today, i read that ken livingstone has spoken out on this issue and we are all to become north london borders. the WHOLE of south london is going to be referred to this. this is due to the carbon footprint currently being caused by ceaseless south london forums bickering about post codes and values of properties, yet at all times eshewing any love of estate agents.

he said in a statement "as i have taxed the chelsea tractor to penalise these gross emblems of wealth, i, ken your leader, now tell you that all londoners are are responsible for their carbon foot print."

sign the online petition to halt this: www.wemaynothavethetubebutwho'dwanttolivenorthofthethames.com

apparenlty the mayor of paris has already succesfully done this by renaming the rest of France Paris II. fight this whilst we have the chance.

Oh you have to laugh...actually there is a big orange sign that denotes the borders of Camberwell and last time I looked it was right near goose green school opposite kwik fit.....so bad luck, now most of you near the station actually live in Camberwell !

Ps in the 60's Camberwell Grove was mentioned in the same sentence as Kings Avenue.