The Concrete House

The Concrete House was built by Charles Drake, my great grandfather, and my family and I are particularly keen to see it restored. We believe that Charles Drake was living in a house known as The Ferns, Lordship Lane, when he died in 1892, but I don't know which house it is - if it is still in existence, that is. Does anyone know what number it is or was?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This photo must have been taken some time ago. I walked all the way down Lordship lane just to find it the other day and its in such a bad way. There is barely a roof tile in situ nowadays and it looks as though all the floors fell through a long time ago.

What's with the rear of the building anyway? When I peared over the fence it looks as if the building now has an extension - or perhaps an adjoining building? You can't see it here so it must be pretty new? It looks horrible - some god awful hash up, vaguely reminiscent of the original style.

I read that the owner wants it leveled so to build on it? I think they'll end up getting what they want by neglecting it this much. A real shame.

Would be nice to see it restored but I guess it would cost far more than it would ever be worth doing so?