Dodgy blokes on Underhill Road and Woodvale today

About 2.00 today I was unloading my car on my driveway and when I returned from inside I found a bloke at the open car door. When I challenged him he claimed he was looking for scrap ( my car is a bit iffy but not scrap!) and walked away. He then left my drive and went into my neighbours, through a side gate and started rooting around. I challenged him and he told me not to get so excited and that he was looking for scrap. Someone working next door said he could have an old bath but he just walked off. Shortly after a builder working up the road called over to me to keep my door shut as there were some dodgy blokes about up to no good. By this time the actual dodgy bloke had disappeared on foot. Shortly after the police arrived at my house to say that some blokes were indeed up to no good on my road and that several members of the public had phoned in to report their suspicious behaviour. They later returned to say that they had apprehended them along Woodvale and that they felt they were not legitimate scrapmen although they had not caught them with anything. They have asked us to notify them if we see them around again and I am just passing this info on in case they are not deterred by being stopped today. The bloke I saw has short dark hair and a beard and I am told is driving a white Astra van although he was on foot when I met with him today.

Thanks for that hat282 I shall keep my eyes peeled for suspicious people creeping about the area and hope to increase the description.

This forum must be quite helpful to the police, as it alerts thousands nay zillions of lurkers we never hear from.