Tintagel Crescent (what's it like?)

Hi

I have a friend looking to move to ED (Tintagel Crescent) in a few months time, anything positive/negative you can point out on this particular location? I live on the other side of ED so I am only able to offer general local advice rather than specific to this particular road.

Thanks

Hi

On the positive side it is very central to Lordship lane & close to bars, restaurants & station. On the negative side, parking can be a big problem as it's used by commuters & shoppers. Also parents dropping off the kids at Goosegreen school can cause a real problem with double/ inconsiderable parking.

I used to live on Tintagel Crescent and loved it. It was great for transport into London and to be close to the pubs, restaurants and shops. The neighbours were lovely and we got to know most of the people living closest to us, a real community.

It did used to get very noisy at night sometimes, with the police and ambulance sirens at the roundabout, and parking was a nightmare. Also one other thing was the amount of rubbish that would get kicked along the street from outside the charity shop. but this might have improved now.

After having my son, the house suddenly felt very small, so we felt it was time to move on, but I still miss our lovely house and neighbours.

East Dulwich's premier road! but yes, noise from sirens and rubbish from charity shop ending up outside my garage are annoying, but easily outweighed by best location for station/lordship lane/goose green etc.