Desecration of Church Property

I have been a resident in East Dulwich for over fifty years. Me and my wife Betty (RIP) moved here from Deptford after the war to live with her extended family as our house in Deptford was destroyed.

I have never been one to complain in the past and made do with what we had really, but today I saw something in East Dulwich that made me want to cry.

As i walked to the Cenotaph which is situated on the corner of Dulwich Common and Lordship Lane, just out side the Deeper Life Bible Church, I found sixty or so car tyres stacked in the car park of the church 20 yards or so away from the cenotaph.

I was shocked and amazed at this and It made my blood boil to see the desecration of hallow ground and the insult to the men and women who have given their lives in the line of duty.

to make matters worse, I rang the church and was told that they did not know how they got there, so i think the only course of action would be to ring the police so they could take forensics on the origin of the tyres.

All i want is to pay my respects to my friends who died in the war without having to look a rubbish tip.

Can somebody please do something about it?

D. Smythe.

I know t

This is not the first time a lorry load of old tyres have been dumped, because there was a couple of times over the last year or two when they were dumped on the industrial sites on Crystal palace rd.

Some cowboy who should be paying to be rid of them is avoiding the charges, damned selfish creeps.