Sorry to say - Dead Cat on Barry Road

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to be the person posting bad news for someone but there is a dead cat near the top of Barry Road. It's in between two parked cars almost opposite the first bus stop. It's black and white, looks as if it was well cared for, shiney coat and all that. I have reported it to the council as I was at a loss as to what else to do, it's not a cat I recognise, I hope I did the right thing.

Kind Regards

Emma

Hubby just investigated - it is a small black and white cat - I imagine being hit by a car and someone has put it to the side of the road.

Whilst I am releaved that it is not our Gerry ( who is large and micro chipped) this will be someone's pet and they will be very upset. Many thanks for putting this on the forum.

No problem, I was a bit worried it was my neighbour's cat initially but he's playing in the garden. It's strange as I don't often see cats out the front, it's made me re-think whether I will let ours out when they're old enough.

It's very sad, I feel for the owners.

Wizbit66 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No problem, I was a bit worried it was my

> neighbour's cat initially but he's playing in the

> garden. It's strange as I don't often see cats out

> the front, it's made me re-think whether I will

> let ours out when they're old enough.

> It's very sad, I feel for the owners.

It's always best to let them out back.

Terrible news. I'm so sorry for whoever the kittie belonged to. :(

Keep cats away from busy roads, or any roads. I'm seeing an awful lot of them lately, including kittens who obviously have owners.

Callie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Keep cats away from busy roads, or any roads.

xxxxxxxx

Long time since I've had a cat, but if you're going to let them out at all, how can you keep them away from roads?

Surely they will just roam wherever they want to?

No. Not always.

If you get your young cat used to going outside from a back door, that leads into the garden, they are very much less likely to want to use the front & therefore will roam back gardens & not busy streets.

This isn't always the case - but it can definetly be prevented & worth a shot, if you care enough.

Thank you for the messages, she was our cat and we are very sad she died. Like many, and according to Callie's somewhat strangely timed advice, I let her out in the back garden and didn't know she could even get to the front as she's never been a particularly adventurous cat but, obviously being a cat, she did exactly as she pleased.

Thank you for all your kind words.

Lisa