Dulwich Hamlets noise pollution!

sylvie

Is anyone else disturbed by Dulwich Hamlets parties and events? I'm not opposed to them hiring out their venue, but would like for them to have some sort of sound-proofing like most nightclubs and a cut-off time. Is there anyone else out there, who lives locally to the club, also affected?

What?

I live close by and have been sat outside for much of the day. I cant hear what I wanted to on my "music system" but i quite like the sounds drifting across. Its not like its every other night. Soundproofing? Sounds like most of the activity is outdoors so I doubt that would help

Good luck to em.

We live 2 roads away from Dulwich Hamlet Football Ground and heard the event all day. Nope we didnt mind it at all. It was during the day...and finished by early evening.

And these sort of parties are a good little earner for the football ground...which you cant really begrudge in these tough financial times that Football clubs are going through.

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I too like the sounds which emanate from the

> ground...happy, happy sounds. Which, in turn,

> make ME feel happy. Indeed, I hope to be part of

> the noise pollution tomorrow when DH play Fulham!!

Hey Ladymuck, im going to that match as well!!

See you there!

Ladymuck Wrote:

> Weegee Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hey Ladymuck, im going to that match as well!!

> >

> > See you there!

>

> Yippee! Are you buying tickets in advance?

Nah just going to turn up....

We passed you yesterday afternoon , in our aeroplane. You were waiting at the bus stop near Shauns DIY

Weegee Wrote:

> We passed you yesterday afternoon , in our

> aeroplane. You were waiting at the bus stop near

> Shauns DIY

Could have given me a lift...that aeroplane would have got me to my destination in no time! As it was, I was very late.

Are Franster and the Franster-Weegeeletts going to be contributing to the noise pollution tomorrow too?

Hey everyone. Great to hear your views. Actually, I wasn't necessarily questioning yesterday's events. In fact, I like the fact that they have events on during the day and of course they should absolutely earn money for the club. I also like the sounds of the football throughout the winter. My gripe, I suppose, was more about the late night parties which I am also not opposed to, but would prefer it if they could arrange for the windows to be kept closed and for the noise to be kept down a little bit ... just so that I can sleep. I don't want the club to stop earning money. This was not my point.

Ladymuck Wrote:

> Weegee Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > We passed you yesterday afternoon , in our

> > aeroplane. You were waiting at the bus stop

> near

> > Shauns DIY

>

> Could have given me a lift...that aeroplane would

> have got me to my destination in no time! As it

> was, I was very late.

>

> Are Franster and the Franster-Weegeeletts going to

> be contributing to the noise pollution tomorrow

> too?

ah sorry we had a full car with the Franster-Weegeeletts and their stuff

No it will be just my goodself contributing to the football fuelled noise pollution tommorrow!

Coming back to the main thread...I cant say that I have heard much noise from the club in the nights when parties are on.

I thought the club had air conditioning in the bar...if not then maybe bringing down the industrial fans from the gym might help with the heat inside the club.

Weegee Wrote:

>

> I thought the club had air conditioning in the

> bar...if not then maybe bringing down the

> industrial fans from the gym might help with the

> heat inside the club.

xxxxxxxx

So far as I know the air conditioning was on!

But there's an issue with noise from fans if it's a gig, maybe less of a prob if it's a party.

ETA: Fans as in cooling things, I mean, not people :))

Thanks for the sensible suggestion. Industrial fans (or air con) sound like a great compromise. Actually, I don't know if the noise is from football fans or parties, but it's the music rather than people noise that carries across the pitch and it can be very loud. Of course, it is worse in the summer because the windows are open, but we also have a right to sleep with the windows open too. Perhaps the industrial fans could be the way forward.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> What kind of hours are we talking about? Because

> after 11.30pm there are rules on noise pollution

> no matter what licence you have.

Their licence is supposed to run to 1 or 2am

Even if the licence runs to 2am - noise is expected to be contained. I would defintiely have a word with the liscensing section because open windows that allow music and entertainments to spill out is probably something they would have a view on. The premises will be required to do something about it.

Actually, I have been disturbed by music well after 1am. Less so this summer, but last year, I had to get out of bed around 2.30am and tell them to turn the music down. I was not impressed. The following night there was another party. i had 2 nights without sleep and was ready to kill someone. Admittedly it's not been so bad this summer, but there have been a few nights when I've been kept awake. I only have 1 day off a week and sleep at the weekend is really needed. I really don't want the club to change venue hire but some consideration to music noise would be really appreciated.

I've just looked at their licence. You can view it here

The sale of alcohol from the bar is only licensed till 11.00 pm

And no part of the license allows them to have music or other entertainments beyond midnight (earlier on Sundays) with dancing limitted to 9pm.

AND it also says as part of their license that - '348 - All windows will be fixed shut'.

I hate to be a stickler on this but the licence they hold would have been granted with consideration for local environmental impact and it sounds as though they clearly are breaching the terms of their license on a regular basis.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> I've just looked at their licence. You can view it

> here

>

> The sale of alcohol from the bar is only licensed

> till 11.00 pm

>

> And no part of the license allows them to have

> music or other entertainments beyond midnight

> (earlier on Sundays) with dancing limitted to

> 9pm.

>

> AND it also says as part of their license that -

> '348 - All windows will be fixed shut'.

>

> I hate to be a stickler on this but the licence

> they hold would have been granted with

> consideration for local environmental impact and

> it sounds as though they clearly are breaching the

> terms of their license on a regular basis.

I suggest you move back to Hampshire?