new estate agent

lizbet

pearcesa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is anyone going to actually 'spill the beans' and

> say what the name of this agent is?? ;-)

It's kinleigh folkard and hayward apparantly, word is they've bought the old halifax next to Haart, completely pointless if you ask me, already got two decent offices in dulwich village and peckham which cover east dulwich just fine

ruffers Wrote:

> Why should they?

Aren't the council supposed to ensure a balance of businesses? Hence the need to apply for a change of use for a premises I thought. However, if this was an estate agents before, presumably they don't need to apply.

Let's just hope that market forces of supply and demand cause at least one of them to close down though, as I agree there are far too many - can there really be that much property for sale locally to generates sufficient business to support them all?

There are fewer opportunities in business these days but estate agents are frequently 'independants' and therefore a reasonable chance of survival.

More chance than a corn chandler, a candlestick maker, or a gas-mantel manufacturer that is.

*Bob* makes a very good point. It is very strange how people are up in arms about a new agency, but are totally and utterly obsessed with house prices and the housing market, rather than being obsessed with finding a home.

Therefore, a new agent is simply responding to this obsession, as a pub will to our desire to drink!

is truepenny's the new one? I understood that it has been around for a while but was operating from the owners front room!

ruffers Wrote:

> No, please, tell me more.

>

> (Sorry but this has been done to death, which one

> are you talking about)

sofaRunner Wrote:

> is truepenny's the new one? I understood that it

> has been around for a while but was operating from

> the owners front room!

>

>

> ruffers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > No, please, tell me more.

> >

> > (Sorry but this has been done to death, which

> one

> > are you talking about)

If it's Truepennys then you're right. I was dealing with them I think last year or year before, can't quite remember when.:-$

So they've been in business for sometime now but only managed to open a shop this year & I say good luck to them, they're good guys & really care for their customers. Too bad we never concluded on any business together...I was just too fussy.

• 3 weeks later...