Lordship Lane Road Works - alternative route?

They seem to have gotten even worse this morning! Between when I left at 9am, and came back at 11am, they've added another works with 4 way temporary traffic lights.

I don't really know the area that well, and never driven around here - I've only just bought a car. I need to get onto Crystal Palace Parade from Melbourne Grove, is there another quieter route apart from College Road toll? I haven't driven in 3 years, so I'm weary of traffic, think I need quieter roads for the time being :P

You can avoid the toll road either by continuing on the south circular to Croxted Road (first one after West Dulwich station) which will take you up to Crystal Palace parade or by turning right at the mini roundabout before the toll and then left at the end of the road (up Alleyn Park)which will bring you on to the top end of Croxted road. Alternatively just go up Crystal Palace Road (which runs parallel to LL) and miss some, at least, of the road works.

up crystal palace road turn left onto goodrich road follow it all the way over barry road (zebra crossing to your left)

over friern road and also upland road (roundabout) and dunstans road (school on your right another roundabout) follow it up the road goes round to your left then at the end of the road turn right underhill road (should be a cemetry on your left) come to a roundabout turn left then right onto wood vale all the way to the end and this will drop you out at the bottom of sydenham hill