Sky in ED

simpo

Hi - I have just moved to Peckham Rye and the flat has a sky mini dish and two connectors coming into the lounge, however no standard aerial connection. I have a TV with built in freeview HD however is there any way I can receive the free freeview HD service by connecting the TV to the Sky aerial, or is the only way round this to a) order Sky and get a box activated/connected or b) pay to get a TV aerial put on the roof and fed in.

Cheers in advance!

Ben

Ben

I was in a similar position a while back after moving to a new place ? it?s surprising how many places don?t have standard aerials in 2010 but there it is.

You?ve identified the 2 basic options available to you (3rd option is to go cable/Virgin route I guess)

But for all my looking I don?t think you can get any connector/convertor

You could always get a little indoor type aerial, I did that a while ago when we were in the same situation. It was just a cheapie from Woolies (hmm must have been quite a while ago) with an in built amplifier (although the signal is pretty good around here anyway).

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What Jeremy said - and a digital signal that

> breaks up is really harsh on the ears

>

> You can find all manner of indoor aerials that

> advertise how good they are for digital TV but

> I've wasted money on more than a couple

Quite true, all depends on if you have good line of sight to the transmitter, I think I was just lucky as we were on the 3rd floor of the building so I just brought a cheap aerial to try it out and it worked alright (although with the amplifier turned off it was rubbish).

Another option would be getting a FreeSat box, they should work quite happily off a sky dish.

Edit: Ironically there is one in the For Sale section FreeSat Box