Trains to Brighton

lizzie

What's the quickest (and least changes) way to get to Brighton in the evening from any of the local stations? I've been on the trainline website and it's not that helpful. Forest Hill to Brighton seems the quickest but have to change twice. Isn't there anywhere that goes straight to East Croydon?

lizzie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's the quickest (and least changes) way to get

> to Brighton in the evening from any of the local

> stations? I've been on the trainline website and

> it's not that helpful. Forest Hill to Brighton

> seems the quickest but have to change twice.

> Isn't there anywhere that goes straight to East

> Croydon?

I'd say FH to East Croydon, as already stated, or, if it's convenient for you, catch the 197 to East Croydon. It stops opposite East Croydon station and should be quite quick in the evening. Savs you going to FH.

I often travel from ED to the south coast and I've found this website easily the best :- http://www.southernrailway.com/. Also if you register with them you can often pick up tickets in advance for a lot less than paying on the day. e.g. ?3.75 single - you normally need to reserve a place on a specific train for the best discounts.Also when you pay by card online you get a reference number and can collect the tickets from Southern Railways ticket machines.

P.S!!! I should add that it seems best to start your journey to Brighton (BTN) from Victoria (VIC) or possibly East Croydon (ECR) to get the cheapest fares. If you start from Forest Hill (FOH) or East Dulwich (EDW) the prices generally seem higher.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• interesting read.  We're thinking about the same things for our kids in primary school as well. One thing I don't understand about Charter ED is whether they stream / set kids based on ability.  I got the impression from an open evening that it is done a little as possible. All i could find on-line was this undated letter - https://www.chartereastdulwich.org.uk/_site/data/files/users/18/documents/9473A8A3547CCCD39DBC4A55CA1678DC.pdf?pid=167 For the most part, we believe in mixed ability teaching and do not stream in Year 7 or Year 8. The only exceptions to this are that we have a small nurture class for Maths. This is a provision for students who scored lower than 85 in their SATS exams and is designed to support them to acquire the skills to access the learning in mainstream class. We do not have nurture classes for any other subjects. We take a more streamed - though not a setted - approach in Maths and Science from Year 9 onwards. though unsure if this is still accurate reflection of policy, and unsure of difference between streaming and setting.
    • Hello, I'm looking for an entertainer for my 9 year old son's birthday party. Looking for someone who can organise some games for the kids as my son and his friends are quite active. Regards, Sue
    • My son’s primary school hatched duck eggs, probably under this scheme around 12 years ago.  We were all very upset to hear that 2 of the (5 year old) boys had knocked the incubator over & all eggs smashed.   feeling a lot less sad about that now!  
    • What would I do about cyclists?  The failed Tory manfesto commitment to train all kids was an excellent proposal.  Public information campaigns aimed at all road users, rather than singling some out, to more considerately share the road, as TfL have done, is welcome too. As for crunching vehicles.  I'd extend this to illegal ebikes, illegal e-scoooters (I think some local authorities have done this with the latter) but before that I would (a) legislate that the delivery companies move away from zero hours contracts to permanent employees and take responsibility for their training, vehicles and behaviour on the road.   More expensive takeaways are a price worth paying for safer roads and proper terms and conditions (b) legislate to register all illegal e-bikes and scooters so that when they are found on the road the retailer takes a hit, and clamp down on any grey markets.  If you buy an e scooter say from Halfords this comes with a disclaimer that it can only be used on private land with the owner's permission.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In