ice cream van

yummumbums

Ha! Me! So glad to hear I'm not the only one! My 14 month old son's bedroom faces onto the road. I had just finished battling my son to sleep one night and was down stairs in the lounge when the van stopped right outside our house with his music blaring - I was actually jumping about giving him signs to stop playing the music .. when another neighbour walked straight by and just laughed at me .. I've never lived that one down ..

CocoC: "Is it just an urban myth that drugs get sold out of ice cream vans?!"

It is difficult to tell.

However if you watch the film "Going Off Big Time" about Scouse gangsters and drug-dealing, you may appreciate the scene where 4x bored CID officers sat in an unmarked car on a rough council estate, remarking at the size of the queue at the ice cream van, send one of the juniors out to get 4 x 'Oysters' from said van.

The junior officer walks to front of queue and cockily requests the oysters and implies he could do them 'for health an safety violations' if he actually has to pay for his Oyster ice creams. The guv'nor in the van turns to his assistant saying 'give them "the works"' following which E's are crushed up and sprinkled on the ice creams.

The other customers simply get their E's dropped into the botto of a cone before the ice cream is splodged on top of the cone.

Later, back in the car, the junior officer leans forward from the back seat to turn-off the police radio and switch on the car stereo - as the others start nodding gently to the music. Closing scene is the CID officers, shirts off, dancing around and on top of the car, music pumped up full volume, arms in the air, shirts off, big grins and hugs with each other, as the sun goes down and grannies and kids watch from the common balcony walkways of the estate buildings.

There may be some grounds for the myth.

Haha we've just moved to the area and I noticed it the first night and every night since....around 8 o clock - so odd! It's kind of funny, but also annoying as I just get the kids down and it blares around the corner. (we moved here to get more peace as we were previously on a main road!!). I thought it was just local to a few streets around here, but maybe not, depending on where you guys are. I wonder what its route is? OH thinks its dodgy. I just want it turned down a notch :)

i am glad it is not just me! my big prob is the time- usually between 8pm and 9pm and how loud it is! i have 3 boys and it is a mission getting them to bed in the first place. I want to go out and confront mr ice cream man but i busy running up the stairs rushing the kids back to bed!!!!!