Warning: dodgy personal caller in Ondine Road

ceebeebee

My husband had them at the door last night and they would not take an initial no for an answer and when my husband explained about how we get the best service from our current provider the woman was still tring to flog him their talk talk deal but he again said he had been on uswitch and ours stillis better they finaly said ok and left .

As pilsbury said the nights are getting darker and we dont need them this late on sure does make for lotts of dodgy people on the prowl (dont have nightmares about them just tell them no and close the door)

Why do you all answer the door if you aren't expecting anyone? Or else go to the door, ask who it is, don't open it and tell them you will call police if they don't leave immediately. I hope that you are training your kids not to answer the door to all and sundry. I have had too many unpleasant experiences with odd balls and cold callers to open my door now.

Yes kids, don't answer the door. Why Daddy

IN CASE PAEDOPHILES ARE KNOCKING ON.

Perspective please, your kids aren't going to change your gas provider or buy a cloth from the wierd guy who sells them. Your kids should see how to deal with situations in a calm but assured manner so they don't end up cowering in their house when the doorbell rings.

Nothing to do with paedophiles, Paragon. How about people who want to push the door in and rob you? People who want to pretend to read your gas or electricity meter etc. Or even just people who want to sell you something and won't go away. Not everyone on your doorstep is a benevolent being unfortunately.

cate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nothing to do with paedophiles, Paragon. How

> about people who want to push the door in and rob

> you? People who want to pretend to read your gas

> or electricity meter etc. Or even just people who

> want to sell you something and won't go away.

> Not everyone on your doorstep is a benevolent

> being unfortunately.

I am sure this does happens. But there are also people who will rob you in the street, on the tube, in Bars and Cafes and you wouldn't stop leaving the house.

I would imagine there are many more robberies in that mould than house breaking when people are in. I just don't think there is any need for people to train their children not to answer the door, or instil fear in them about people who knock on.

I have had at least 5 home calls from talk talk, and they are very aggressive too. One day there was two ladies and a man, they told me it was a follow up call from an earlier visit. The lady asked me how much i paid for my bills each month for BT, I said it was none of her business and she got very stroppy. I told the three to go away and not call again, those three havent, but other talk talk reps have. I have an outside intercom as there are 6 flats in my small block, they managed to get inside and were knocking on the letterbox. I find them very irritating and if they kncoked on a vulnerable persons door, i think they may overwhelm them with their agressive sales pitch.