Homeless on Lordship Lane

ultrauk

I was walking past Halls & Co Solicitors this evening (399 Lordship Lane) at 8pm to see a homeless guy covered in a blanket in the doorway next to the Costcutters shop.It really did upset me to think that someone was sleeping in such a poor uncovered space within a major road. Has anyone seen this guy here before? :(

When I lived in Herne Hill there was a chap covered with a blanket who sat next to the cash machine, and according to the police who knicked him for other charges, he had his own flat and car but chose to lounge about begging for a living.

i myself have been homeless and its awfull, but true some dont want help.... i was to proud to ask or approach anyone for help for a few months... i was living in brighton at the time.... found a nice spot on the beach nr the david lloyd gym, that had a big bit of grass with a dip sheltering from the wind that was hidden from the public eye! couldnt bare to go public the shame!! :(

anyway i managed to find a local mail box outside a house and so used my brain and used that address to go to the job centre and register myself as jobless to get jsa....i got it and could then apply for housing bennefit and was then able to go and find myself a room....but im a strong willed proud person.... most dont have this drive, and i was put thier due to bad personal circumstances and finding out i didnt have the good friends i thought i once had and no help was abvailable!

not eveyone that is homeless is thier due to thier own fault but alot wont take the help offered! i also went to charing cross every saturday evening and gave outalot of food to the homeless thier with a good christian group..... feltvery satisfying to help them....

but thier there are charitys that offer help..that help to get them on to jsa and houseing and can help find landlords that will take tennants on housing and the charitys pu the deposit up! really really nice of them and im sure is available in london..... i do feel for them i really do but id never give money.... they might use it for alcohol and drugs which isnt going to help them...... id offer food and drink but even thats been turned down before can u believe!