Does anyone have newspaers delivered in ED?

dulwichal

Hi all,

I recently moved to Bawdale Rd (by Franklins off Lordship Lane)in E Dulwich and can't find anyone that delivers papers in the area.

The one that I did find was the newsagents up by the library but they won't deliver this far down Lordship Lane. Does anyone know anyone else that delivers papers to my part of E Dulwich?

Thanks for any advice .

we tried to find a shop that would deliver this end too but they all said that paper rounds were a thing of the past, apparently to do with child employment laws etc. But if the shop at the plough does it then it must still be something that happens, please let us know if you find a news agent that does deliver!

dulwichal, I don't wish to appear pedantic but it doesn't surprise me you plumped for the Grauniad home delivery service given the misspelling of the word 'newspapers' in the title of your thread.

What are the chances of the delivery boys delivering to your correct address? But then again, you probably won't mind, or even notice.

Edited for deliberate typo, 'Grauniad'

Now now Silverfox typos are easily done.

Nuffink to do wiv porr speling ;-)

Edited to add my main thought (sorry got carried away!) - dulwichal is there a particular reason you wish to have papers delivered to you? You're not that far from a newsagents. I'm not being rude or anything. I am simply curious :)

dulwichal Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks all. The Times email prompted me to check

> the Guardian site and they offer the same service

> which I wasn't aware of.

>

> Thanks for you help

Really? Could you post the link offering the same service at the Guardian? I ask because I was only aware of a subscription service which sends vouchers to be redeemed at a local newsagents.

Our newsagent delivers - but sadly teenagers on bikes is indeed a thing of the past, ours gets driven round in a car by one of the shop's owners. Just don't mention the environment....

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's got a whole page ad in today's Guardian.

>

> They promise delivery by 7:00am on weekdays and

> 08:30 on weekends inc Sunday's Observer. Not sure

> what happens if you have a different Sunday paper.

> And you pay less than the cover price.

>

> Seems pretty good to me.

Actually if you use the delivery service it seems you pay the full cover price. A quick calculation for me works out that I am better off with my current subscription saving 33% each year (about ?150) and paying ?2 a week to my local newsagent to deliver rather than paying full price for the Guardian to deliver.

I also like the flexibility of my subscription vouchers so I can use them when on holiday in this country or give them to friends if I go abroad.

Thank you to everyone for the links to the home delivery service.

We have had the Independent delivered for over a year and it's super reliable - always through the door by 7am. And they often run great deals - when we first signed up we got a John Lewis voucher (can't remember the amount but it worked out to have practically paid for the first few months of the subscription).

KalamityKel - the reason why we get home delivery instead of going up to the shops is that then we can read it in our dressing gowns over breakfast. Mornings are enough of a rush without a special trip to the newsagent!

http://www.independent.co.uk/independent.co.uk/editorial/web/subscriptions/subscription.html