www.Myspace.com/eastdulwich

Guest Chris

East Dulwich now has it's own MySpace!

Help, infomation, news, advice, rumor, quesions, concerns anything you can think of.

Its for anyone and everyone.

What do you have to do?

If your new to MySpace you'll have to sign up at www.myspace.com.

Then you will have to add East Dulwich as a friend

Then once you've done that you will be free to add a comment for all to see

If you have any questions or suggestions send them here send us a message

C.

=)

It's early days yet, but it has massive potential! See you in there!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't think it's particularly mature for people to make such harsh judgements on someone who is simply going out of their way to start something nice for their community. If you don't understand or embrace the technology, that is fine. But immature comments like this one simply take away from what is supposed to be a fun and friendly forum and risks insulting someone that has done nothing to offend.

All I'm saying is is that it's not the kind of place I would want my kids visiting MySpace to find out about ED because there are inherant risks with them having anything to do with that site. MY comment is not against someone promoting their community, just about the forum in which it's presented not being safe for young people within this community that mite visit the site.

Like I said: Why does ED need MySpace when it has [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk] or [www.movethat.co.uk]# ?

EDKiwi

I wasn't aware that an East Dulwich forum was particularly aimed at children. In fact there is no message on this forum that is suitable or of interest to children.

My Space is a viable medium, that is why Rupert Murdoch has just paid a lot of money for it. Regardless of all of this, this is supposed to be a friendly forum promoting the community. Comments about "looser teenagers" and "pedophile {sic} men" does not promote a sense of community.

ED doesn't need MySpace. It's not about fulfilling a need, its about encouraging new technologiwes and forums on technologies which may appeal to different people. By all means, do not feel you have to look at the MySpace. It has primarily been created for people who embrace this new technoloiy.

Well of course it's been created for people who embrace the technology! Who else would it have been created for; people that don't?

I apologise for those of you that choose to defend Ruperts MySpace if I have offended you. All I'm saying is that there are much better and SAFER (just in case kids DO end up visiting these sites) places to embrace our community.

Again I find myself repeating: Why does ED need MySpace when it has [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk] or [www.movethat.co.uk]?

You are quite right! Well done. It has been created for people who embrace this technology. It was then advertised on this forum for those people that embrace this technology. Quite simple really. However, your genuine and heart felt apology is much apreciated. It's always good to have an apology from someone in the wrong.

I clarify. ED doesn't need a MySpace. However, ED residents that enjoy MySpace are now aware of a new and exciting site to look at.

I'm not getting ahead of myself. As you say, your apology was in case I was offended by your opinion (really it was just the talk of paedophile men and loser teenagers). I was, and I accept your apology.

• 1 year later...