Staple found in take away food...E Dulwich

wilson

What exactly do you expect them to do about it? While I sympathise with you, the mistake had obviously already occured, and under those circumstances it's surely better to approach the restaurant with an idea of how you would like them to make amends.

Simply calling them up and saying what happened isn't likely to get you anywhere. They aren't about to offer recompense if they aren't forced. Compare it with the idea of what would've happened if you'd been eating in there and found it in your food. Most likely there'd have been things removed from the bill - a smart owner knows that the best way to recover a situation like that (and they happen to the best) is to offer free stuff. It brings people right round!

If you aren't going to name and shame to us or to the council, then I'm not really sure what the point of your post is. Not trying to be belligerent or anything, but I don't get it. I too am glad no lasting damage occured though. For the record, I would report them to the council. Places that think they'll get away with this will start cutting corners.

Perhaps you could go along to said restaurant and let them know what happened in detail, politely and out of earshot of other customers so they manager doesn't feel he's being patronised. Mgr may act like it definitely never came from his restaurant but when you're gone he may well clip a couple of ears and look at how it could have happened.

Often the staff get extremely defensive, both because they don't want to be sued/investigated and simply because people are tribal like that.

But direct friendly feedback is the best way they can be aware of issues and have the opportunity to fix them.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why not call them back and ask for a free meal +

> beers?

>

> Not sure what else they can do.

Sensible advice, although they may be doubtful if they get a stream of callers all prompted by this suggested idea. If you don't give someone the hint as to what you want in recompense it's often difficult for them to realise that that is what you hope for. A staple isn't nice but there are far worse things, and accidents do happen. It isn't indicative of a major failure of cleanliness or something else that would be of ongoing concern for the general public.

wilson Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OH Dear, feel bad as they are a good local

> restaurant.

> Ordered a take away on sat evening, and much to my

> horror

> choked on a small staple.

>

> Called the restaurant, and they didn't seem to

> bothered

> ask me what I wanted them to do!

What an pointless post... Unless you name the restaurant, it surely doesn't count as General ED Issues / Gossip ... it just counts as a boring detail in your life or at best a short pub story...

Are you going to name names?

I have to agree; with the others on this thread you should go down in person and speak to them I would have brought the food back with the evidence. If you are not happy with the outcome then report it to Southwark Council.

Different type of situation happen, to me a year ago I brought some Yams in Peckham it looked fine untill I cooked it then it had blue spots in it I put the Yams on a plate and took it right back to the shop and present it on there counter. They were very surprised they refunded me for it and gave me free yams and some plantains.