Christmas decorations-watch in SE22

Nero

So far, only the curry house that used to be called Pistachio Club is the only place that I can see that has got anything referring to Christmas up in its windows. There's a multi-coloured electric star and posters advertising Christmas deals. White Stuff has got some white, twinkly lights, but they've become synonymous with winter and dark nights and not particularly Christmas.

Anyone else noticed 'twirly' decos?

csaddleton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am certainly no bah humbug but for f$?*s sake

> it's earlier every year and it dissolves the magic

I like to keep Christmas special so have decided not to buy anything in any shop that puts up Christmas decorations before 1st December.

There are a few houses on Uplands and Barry Road with Christmas decorations already up :X

(Not ED-specific but the UK's leading pharmacy chain has had a 'Festive' sandwich* on offer since, oh, let's see, sometime around mid-September!)

* edited to say, there's more than one. And they don't look the least bit mouldy.

Over the weekend, my team were getting a new desk in the office and to fit it in, we were giving up a filing cupboard. The only thing in the cupboard was the Christmas tree which we took out, and thinking it was too early to put it up, put it to one side in multiple pieces.

Got in this morning to find the office movers had installed the new desk and PC... and built up the Christmas tree in a prime location in the office.

I remember as a small child, the excitement of my Dad putting up the Christmas

decorations a few days before Christmas.

Father Christmas riding down Rye Lane to set up his Sleigh in Jones and Higgings.

(Just 2 weeks before Christmas.)

It is sad that the Magic has gone. I think even for small children.

Well, this is all VERY strange

If I?m to believe some media sources Christmas is lucky to even exist at all with the full-frontal-politically-correct-gone-mad brigade

And yet if I?m to believe this thread it seems anyone can just deck the high st, the house or even themselves like some two-bit Christmas whore?

It?s as if these media sources were just?. shit stirring? Still, no shortage of takers for their particular shit. If only people were given the ?simple truth? then they wouldn?t feel so outraged the whole time ;-)

winterval, pah

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> And the florist at Goose Green has Christmas trees

> outside already :X

I know! If you bought your tree this early it would be brown and crispy by Christmas day! I think we bought ours 2 weeks or even 10 days before the 25th last year and even then I think we peaked too soon and it was pretty well past it by the day itself!

I think the Team Prejudice UK cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Here in SG we have ten major festivals each year. Of these about half are Christmas-equivalent depending on your religion, entailing universal public holidays, weeks of anticipation, street festivals & decorations, family get togethers and gift giving.

Chinese New Year, Vesak Day, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali, Hari Raya Haji and of course Christmas are the biggest.

Instead of trying to hide each other's celebrations, everyone takes part.