Broken street lights outside your home?

I spent last night checking council officer street lighting records for Friern, Dunstans, Goodrich and Cryala Rpalace Roads.

I was amazed to see so many street lights not working - 6 on Crystal Palace Road, 1 on Crebor, 3 on Friern Road.

Southwark has a full time employee who patrols the borough looking for broken street lights. Seems surprising so many, which get proactively replaced before end of design life, should have failed.

Can you please look at the street light outside your home and tell me if yours is broken (with the 6 digit number on the lamp post)?

We'll then get an idea where those patrols have failed to reach.

James

great timing for your post! a few of the street lights in Piermont Green have been faulty since I moved there (almost a year ago now). I reported the fault to the dedicated Southwark council office over 10 days ago and I was told that first a "checking " team will have to come and check (within 10 days) and only after that a "fixing team" (10 days later) will repair the lights and change the bulbs etc.

So far nothing has happened and it's rather inconvenient and it feels rather unsafe especially now that it is dark so early.

These broken street lamps are nr 05 and 06 (this are the only digits I saw but I'll check again and get back to you).

Many thanks!

Anna

Hi Meadow408,

I've reported Peirmont Road lights 05 & 06 as not working and asked when they can be fixed.

Hi WrightC,

Last night I reported all Crystal Palace Road broken street lights - all 5 of them - lamp column asset no's 2598 - 07, 09, 14, 29 and 39. These reports have been formally acknowledged.

Hi Ddoublesj,

I've reported these and asked when will they be removed.

Thanks to the several emails pointing out other broken street light.

We've finalised probably the last bit of Lib Dem devolved lighting budget for East Dulwich ward. ?50,000 worth of improvement.

We?ll allocate our funds to fixing ?red? lamp posts which are 70%+ corroded at the base. Eight of them.

We?ll fund the upgrade to lighting on Crystal Palace Road, Dunstans Road and Friern Road replacing old yellow SOX lighting. CPR will get SON lighting for the majority but Cosmo lights at the Lordship Lane end. SON lighting all along Dunstans Road and Cosmo on Friern Road local Police are concerned that earlier in the year it suffered a spate of car crime - hopfeully it will help deter that again.

We?ll then have ensured all East Dulwich street lighting has been modernised by the end of the financial year.

Hi Meadow408,

I've been assured that EDF Energy did start these works but due to a number of water leaks had to cancel them. These have been repaired and I've been assured these lamp columns will be attached 1 December. I suspect your prod via me has helped.

Hi Ddoublesj,

Tomorrow Southwark's contractor will be visiting Copleston Road to remove the redundant lamp columns. Again I suspect your prod via me has helped move things along. Many thanks.

NB. I should point out Southwark lighting team have from memory 18,000 lamp posts to keep track of and many thousands of illuminated road signs and bollards. So it is always helpful to point out anything untoward.

Hi eddie,

I've reported the broken light outside 1 Zenoria. Hopefully it wont take long to get fixed.

Hi DulwichFox,

Sorry to hear that when you reported a broken street light on line it appeared to take so long. This is unsual. Sometimes its not a simple matter to change the proverbial bulb. Sometimes EDF Energy has to repair the electrics and can take some time.

if you spot any more please do let me know.

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> We?ll then have ensured all East Dulwich street

> lighting has been modernised by the end of the

> financial year.

You presumably mean East Dulwich WARD, *not* East Dulwich.

----

Posted on 25 November, not responded to yet by you, James, though a number of other queries since have been answered by you.

Hi Meadow48,

Piermont 05 & 06 street lights have faulty eletricity supplies. The works orders have been raised for the monopoly supplier EDF Energy to fix but this never happens quickly - but at least these orders have been raised now.

Hi Louisiana,

Well yes and no. Of the 16,000 street lights in Southwark 421 left to be modernised of which 70 in East Dulwich or on the otherside of the ED ward boundary. So our East Dulwich decision will upgrade a few lights just outside the ward boundary but will light up ED pavements etc.