leaving the leaves

23e Heure

Not going to win an award for most exciting post of the year, but I don't know where to ask this dull question!

Does our council have a team to sweep and collect the Autumn leaves?

I live by Goose Green playground, and all of the heavy fall of autumn leaves we had a few weeks ago are left rotting and untouched.

Maybe naive, but I thought this was something the council would have a team of people dealing with?

Amazing post. I have been emailing the council about the fact that they award lots of money for cleaner greener brighter lovelier right on ecological blah blah schemes, yet they themselves use petrol drive hand held engines to blow leaves from a to be before sweeping them in to plastic bags for later collection. On my estate they clear leaves quite regularly and noisily usually from eight in the morning.

The reply I got was that it saved money instead of employing More People!

This years leaf collections, for me, feel worse than previous years. I formally asked this question to the director for Environment. She was clear no change since last year. I asked whether the same number of temps employed to augment the workforce and to help with autumn as last year - she said yes. But it doesn't feel as effective. I wished I'd asked how many hours are available for street cleaning just to kill this concern.

If you feel a street isn't being cleaned sufficiently - ask your councillor/s about it. For closest houses to Good Green playground that would be The Lane ward and one of the councillors for that ward is also the cabinet member for environment Barrie Hargrove.

Dear James, I've sent two emails to you regarding this matter and neither were responded to (although they were indeed both read by you or someone in your camp). I asked that if you were not the right person to kindly give me a contact for someone who was. We used to have street sweepers once a week on our road, but I haven't seen anyone in over a month and the leaves were piling up and becoming slippery and mouldy. I rang the council three times and finally someone came this week, but no thanks to you since you couldnt even be bothered to answer a simple email. Thanks.