Snow watch

On Lordship Lane right now, it is not snowing and the road is being used as normal. I have seen some snow still on some pavements and side roads but turning to slush. Not sure what the trains are like but buses appear to be running ok. All could change if there's more snow this afternoon but looks ok for the moment.

Although it's smowing it is also above freezing - that means that what was compacted snow/ ice earlier this morning can now be easily shifted - by anyone who wants to clear previously compacted frozen snow away from their frontages. It will (almost certainly) fall below freezing tonight which means that anything still compacted will be treacherous tomorrow morning. Garden paths, driveways, pavements - the trick may be to do this as late as possible whilst still not frozen to avoid build up, or when it stops snowing (if it does).

Just walked across the park and back to the dentist. Snowing strongly all across it and the lake is frozen over. What's more, I fed a dog biscuit to a beautiful King Charles Cavalier Spaniel only to see that at the other end of the lead was one of the McGann brothers. Wow. Anyway, so the park is absolutely beautiful and the ducks and geese would welcome some spare bread!

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Forest Hill Road by the tavern lights very

> slippery with cars sliding and not under control.

Not surprised to hear this - the 63 bus I got on this morning at the FHT found going down the hill fairly difficult at 8am, and we gently drifted into the right hand lane (no oncoming traffic) before the driver got traction back by the church

Oh... I have my snow boots under the desk just in case I have to walk any distance but which buses are running may influence which route home I take to get most of the way home. I'd have a shortest walk from Forest Hill station but have to pay for extension and overall journey time longer than going to Denmark Hill or Peckham Rye and getting bus.