Trains and other transport running this morning? [The TravelWatch in the Snow Official thread]

onlyk

Just got on the 0705 that was running 15 minutes late. The 0715 was saying it was delayed, no idea for how long and the 0729 was cancelled. When I was at the station they announced that the 0630 and 0645 and 0728 going the other way were all cancelled. I did see a train going the other way.

Basically i think its a case of trying your luck.

Was on the same 7.05 delayed to 7.20 as others. When I looked at the departures board at London Bridge there didn't appear to be much moving. Am now in office overlooking railway lines and there are a few trains coming in & out but only a few. I guess bus may be the best bet as traffic seems light.

Any road used by a bus seems ok this morning. Cycled in this morning up Peckham high st, Walworth Road and Blackfriars; no problem,frostbite aside. Roads pretty clear of traffic and buses seemed to be getting in fine. Trains few and far between on the lines behind my house though.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My house backs onto the tracks, and I can see a

> train trundling past every 10 mins or so. So

> things are moving, just not to timetable. I'm

> going to leave shortly and try my luck.

Scrap this. Don't try the train.

Don't bother queuing for the bus anywhere near the station either.

37 Bus is being diverted - from TFL website

"37Buses are diverted between Goose Green and Herne Hill Station, not serving East Dulwich Grove and Half Moon Lane and diverted via Grove Vale, Dog Kennel Hill, Grove Lane, Champion Park, Denmark Hill and Herne Hill due to adverse weather conditions."

This morning it was definately a case of chancing your arm. For me, there were 63 and 12 buses running and trains heading from Peckham Rye to London Bridge, but not to timetable.

Some guy was permanently talking over the tannoy at Peckham Rye- asking commuters to ignore the screens, but instead (helpfully) explaining when the next train was due and from which platform. Thats all we want on these ruddy snow days...clarity!

To that end, I would really appreciate if anyone can advise what the 'homeward bound' service is looking like, should they experience it before 6pm. For me, thats trains from London Bridge to Peckham Rye/East Dulwich.

The national rail website is utter tosh and is not real time, so instead if you experience this route first hand and can give an accurate take on the frequency/reliability of service (or not) as per your experiences, it would be very much appreciated

cheers :-)