Got robbed tonight on Whatley Rd

MrBen

Two guys 20-30, one black, 5 ft 9 chubby face, black bomber jacket and grey woolen hood the other a white pastey faced glassy eyed skag head with medium length short thinning black hair, a 3/4 length olive green coat and shit trainers.

Did the classic "got a ciggie", stuck a foot on my throat, gave me a few kicks in the bollocks, a few punches to the face and head, bruised ribs then got my black Ettinger wallet, everything in it and phone....I'm just pissed off with myself for missing the signs ahead but I was tired after a long week. Thanks to the CID boys for picking me up minutes after. Just a bit sore now.

ED is still the safest place I've ever lived - 9 years and this was a first. If anyone finds a black/orange lined leather wallet let me know. It has some sentimental value.....

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's bad gravy man. Hope the damage not too bad.

> BofA boys en masse in toon today, doesn't help now

> but you know what ehs mean!

Anyone walking past in these situations should try and help.

Often women react quicker than men - I once saw a small lady stop some muggers who were just about to slam a metal bin down on somebodys head. They ran.

My boyfriend's flat was burgled when I was a student, my finger prints were taken by police to be eliminated from the investigation. No idea if they were added to to National Database but to be honest it wouldn't bother me if they were - I've nothing to hide, have not and have no ambition to enter a life of crime and quite honestly have no issue with the national database containing everyone's DNA / prints etc including anyone entering the country. Controversial subject I know but if it make's the police's job easier and lowers crime can only be a good thing. Never did get the breach of human rights argument!

That said, collecting this information from a victim of crime in the absence of such database seems rather harsh in those circumstances! If there is a genuine need it should have been handled far more sensitively and a plausibe explanation provided.

Mr Ben, I hope you are OK, it's an awful thing to happen :-( Fingers crossed the scum are caught asap!

A bit bruised today and ribs more tender than a SMG kettle barbecue. Hal's right. I was fortunate. I'm just really kicking myself I didn't do better - but all those well meaning bits of advice go out the window when you're on the deck with a foot on your throat, on the ice, after midnight and with no one around. With the weather the streets after dark are eerily quiet - even just yards off the lane. And it was only 25 yards from the police station.

At that moment I made a quick mental equation and figured I have too much to lose to try anything clever. So a wallet and a phone was almost a fair trade.

Time was 12.30am, and Whatley a prime throughfare for anyone walking off the lane slightly tipsy on a pre christmas Friday night. I had turned right off Landcroft onto Whatley. And for anyone yet to experience the joys of being a student in Stirling, the now glaringly obvious signs were:

- Two guys on the road up ahead about 30 yards hovering, shuffling around - not going anywhere in particular

- As I get to 20 yards they talk to each other about "a cigarette" i.e "shall we do this guy over?"

- I'm tired (and rusty) so don't really clock it as I should an figure I'll be ok - its a main road right?

- At 10 yards they split - one guy on the road to stop me - the other waiting by cars to the side ( pincer/distraction movement)

And that was it....a Volvo estate drove by and saw my fate but didn't stop, I don't blame him/her really.

Plain clothes guys were great - all designer black knitwear, super fast driving and a sense of humour when I guess I was still in a bit of shock- thanks again lads.

Shame we didn't catch them .....yet... *drifts off into Death Wish 4 style vigilante scene*

What a dreadful thing to have gone through, MrBen.

My heart goes out to you. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery: physically and emotionally.

I do hope this vile incident doesn't spoil your Christmas too much, and that you'll have plenty of support around you.

Big hug. x

terrible and terrible Sandra the pie lady. Sandra I bought a pie off you late afternoon and love your stuff, can't believe some little arsehole trashed your well being today. Remember the goodwill towards you far exceeds anything the little scumbag will experience in his lifetime.

MrBen Wrote:

> A bit bruised today and ribs more tender than a

> SMG kettle barbecue. Hal's right. I was fortunate.

> I'm just really kicking myself I didn't do better

So sorry to hear about this, hope the physical injuries improve soon. Do give yourself a break and stop mentally kicking yourself though, it's bad enough being mugged without making yourself feel guilty about it. I've walked back down that road when a bit the worse for wear plenty of times, and I doubt if I'd come across them the fact I am not a smoker would have saved me.

I can't believe how bold they are to do it so close to the police station, but I guess the tiny number of police we see out on the beat gives them confidence they'll get away with it.

This was 'volunteered for elimination only' I assume (So any other blood is from the muggers)

Seems consent is required for this - but I bet theres some pressure to give it - and you can't retract your consent.

louisiana Wrote:

> HAL, the adding of victims, witnesses, partners of

> victims and a long etc. (children!) to the DNA

> database is just so wrong on so many levels.

>

> You know you can appeal that, get yourself

> removed....? Not at all easy, but eventually

> possible.

JohnL - At the time, a few years ago, the police could take DNA specimens without consent from anyone who had been 'detained'.

In my case, without my knowledge or consent, the police took swabs soaked in my blood from the paramedics before leaving the scene under the pretext of having 'detained' me in the ambulance for questioning.

MrBen - don't beat yourself up that you didn't "do better". You got a nasty kicking for giving up your wallet. This could have been an obituary thread if you'd fought back. Distressing though it is, you did the right thing. Your safety and security is worth more than a wallet.

Get well soon, and be happy that you DID do the right thing, and you're still with us as a result.