Is Dog Kennel hill driveable at moment ( Sat 8pm )

sorry - don't know - but was amazed to see - that after last year - when snow was widely forecast - that dog kennel hill was again untreated / unprepared - and surely enough a bus attempted madly to go up - and cf course failed and caused predictable chaos all around hat area - you would have thought that the combined force of painsburies TFL and the council - that this could have ben planned for - what a bunch of muppets

I have to say that the TLF website information on buses, roads and trains is rubbish, the EDF is a far more reliable source of information.

Smaller side roads are a nightmare. I live on what is normally a rat run but have seen almost no cars at all today.

Saw the pizza delivery guy nearly come off his moped braking at a junction even tough he was going about 5mph. is is right to expect them to risk life and limb for a pizza.

It has been partly planned for this year better than last. Last year, the buses just stopped serving this area almost entirely. At least this year, the buses are running with diversions to avoid the steepest hills - the problem is that there's a certain point at which the bus will get up it and that is also partly due to driver skill. I was on a 185 yesterday that passed two buses 'stuck' on hills.

A while we all go on about gritting, if there's a lot of snow falling in a short period, it will cover the grit and make it virtually useless. There was an emergency gritter in Peckham yesterday when there was bus carnage along Peckham High Street - it was basically a truck of grit with several men trying to spread some out across the junction with boards and bare hands even...