Virginmedia broadband issues (in East Dulwich)

I started a thread on this before Xmas to see if anyone else local was suffering, my neighbour has helped me out allowing access via his router, the 'man' was meant to come today to fix it between 12-4, no show and no warning of no show.

I already established a ?15 credit before Xmas so tell em to shove their ?10 and take ?15 or more.

Now I'm waiting to hear of a new appointment day/time.

Bizarrely NY neighbour is on Virgin too !

It is driving me insane! I've called them a few times now, no offer of compensation, just told it'll be fixed by certain deadlines. On new years eve they said 8pm, granted it came back on at 6pm (my virgin tv wasn't working that day either), but then since then it's been just as bad. Yesterday it was out for most of the day. Today I called again, they said it would be fixed within 24 hours. After reading this thread I don't hold out much hope! I live near ED police station.

We're missing bb here too, also Goodrich Road. We are on BT however, I guess the same local exchange will be being used by both them and Virgin. It's been unavailable since yesterday afternoon for us. BT are running a test for us atm...

We were with Virgin since they began in ED but the service became so unreliable it was a joke. We switched to 02 and are paying about ?25 for unlimited Broadband, unlimited telephone calls to landlines and the line rental. Just before we left Virgin our bills were coming in at well over ?50. We did miss the Virgin catch-up TV service but we got a Freesat TV which is just introducing BBC, ITV and Channel 4 On Demand so it is not much different to the Virgin service. To be honest the Virgin On Demand service was out of order at least 25% of the time anyway. Plus Freesat has all the HD channels for free. The Broadband download speeds where we live are not as good as they were with Virgin (area not cabled) but in 8 months and it hasn't gone off a single time.

Also, Quidco has a ?50 cash back offer on O2 and it is all free for 3 months.

If you get any grief regarding line rental, sign up with the Post Office, get a line rental and tel. number then transfer to O2. BT wanted a whole years line rental subscription, despite telling them we were getting it all through O2 - Post Office lets you cancel after a month.

virgin are rubbish. i'm back on line after two days. given the 'fault on the line/cheque in the post' line. catch up TV is crap, the BB is hit and miss, the customer service a joke and the bills impossible to read. hate them. and stuck with a horrible break contract clause. if anyone is thinking about going to them DON'T!