East London Line to Highbury and Islington starts next month

Loads of people get off at C Water always, but then a fair few get off at Whitechapel and Shoreditch in my experiences. Having a link to the Vict line and to North London Line and other trains at H and I will be great.

Wish the link to Clapham J, when it opens, could include a stop at Brixton so we could get at the Vict line (and get a seat!) there!!

Incidentally, tip that someone gave me and hadn't dawned on me about Whitechapel - instead of waiting for the first H and City train to come, which can be an absolute age, get on the first District (much more frequent) to T Hill and then onto the Circle. Usually quicker, I've found. The H and City line really is the dark ages.

Final random bit of wittering - I'm utterly in love with the P Rye - Farringdon link. Coming home the other night I had a table and four seats all to myself as we cruised across London, with spectacular views, in only a few mins. And it was 6.35pm. Magic.

With the delay to the ELL extension to Clapham, there might be a reprieve for the current Southern South London Line between Victoria and London Bridge after the May 2012 timetable commences. However capacity at London Bridge may be an issue by then.

If not, Southeastern may have to provide trains for Wandsworth Road and Clapham High Street until London Overground can start services.

Brilliant! Thanks for this info. I use the east london line to get to work in Shoreditch and it is so much easier than the other options. Also my boyfriend has to go to Welwyn every week for band practice (!) so will be good for him too.

Am I being dense, but how's it going to help with Welwyn?!

Jumpin - presumably FH/HOP to Canada Water and then one stop on J line.

jo77 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Brilliant! Thanks for this info. I use the east

> london line to get to work in Shoreditch and it is

> so much easier than the other options. Also my

> boyfriend has to go to Welwyn every week for band

> practice (!) so will be good for him too.

Aha! Hadn't appreciated this. Hurrah.

Also dawned on me last night as I rode the line that once phase two opens I and my bike will, when working late and so knackered, have the exciting choice of cycling from H O Park or from P Rye.

Bic Basher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To clarify the First Capital Connect services run

> from H&I to Welwyn or Hertford from the

> underground platforms next to the Victoria Line on

> Mondays to Fridays only.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...