Parking on Beauval Road

petra_29

Hello,

I will be moving to Beauval Road in the next few weeks and am currently arranging removals etc. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might reserve some space for the removal van? Southwark council have offered no help as it is a free parking area. They can't therefore reserve a couple of bays. I don't know anyone locally who has a car they could park to save some space.

Any suggestions welcomed?

Thanks

Hi we live in beauval road and the last time we had new neighbours they put a note through our door asking us for help which we were happy to do. other people in the road have put there bins out in the middle of the road and a sign saying that they were moving in. Hope this helps and you enjoy your new home!

When we cleared parents in law house in West Dulwich - the police loaned us a few police cones to put outside the house.

Best thing is get someone to go to the house early and put a oouple of dustbins out with string/rope between them, with a note 'space reserved for removal van'. Most people are quite happy with this.

Might be a good excuse to talk to your soon to be neighbours and ask if they could help by parking and then moving their cars.

Make a point of inviting them for a glass of champagne at the end of the first day to celebrate becoming neighbours.

The first 6 motnhs after moving in you're at greatest risk of eing burlged UNLESS you quickly become friendly with neighbours.

Good luck and hope it all works out well for you.