Congrats to James!

AlexC

I notice Mr. Barber has won the Online Councillor of the Year award. Many congratulations James - richly deserved! His online presence has made me feel a lot more in touch with local government. In previous areas I've lived I can honestly say I rarely knew who my councillor was - they were pretty invisible. Having James' presence on here makes the whole process so much more accessible - it's very refreshing!

That is really kind of you both.

I've never received an award for anything before and have been surprised how very chuffed I feel to be recognised by my peers.

But the work I do on the EDF does generate a lot of casework and without the myriad of officers answering and helping with queries and problems it wouldn't really work. So I owe them a big thanks as well as everyone trusting me to try helping them in the first place.

Thirdeded. Although Vicki was around for a while, it's a shame that other councillors haven't followed James's lead here. I really think that having a councillor 'on tap' is a brilliant thing to have. James and Barry Jones (on the railway thread) have made me believe that I can have a say on things that really do affect my life.

Congratulations James.

The endevours that James has made is for the benefit of all living in this ward, he is the

Liberal Democrat Councillor for East Dulwich Ward.

We have had so much sorted out for all of us that we are grateful to him.

There is no set hours, but to be dedicated spending many hours of leisure time the only pleasure is in achieving success.

TonyQuinn Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, well done Mr Barber. Unfortunately, your

> award is not going to save you or your party from

> the backlash that is coming because of Mr Clegg's

> deal with Mr Cameron.

> But, I do sincerely appreciate your endeavours to

> connect with us all.

> TQ

Agreed!

My congratulations too, I really appreciate your involvement both in matters concerning the community in general and also small personal matters (I don't think I'd ever have got the tree replaced outside my house without your help).

WELL DONE JAMES!

More Congratulations from me too. James really deserves the award for his constant patience and ability to get things done.

We've certainly had to put up with a lot of waffle and broken promises from past councillors of other political parties.

Having been at the DCC meeting on Wednesday that addressed North Cross Road market extension, can I also congratulate James on his F2F?

Not an easy meeting, given all the participants. But James chaired extremely well, and councillors (in general) came out way ahead of Southwark officers on this one (with some Southwark officers seeming to have agendas of their own, but also fairly feeble at conducting professional consultations).