Water Pressure Problems - Nutbrook St/Adys Road

markyb3

I have been having problems with the hot water boiler not kicking in for the last week and i suspect its lower pressure from Thames Water, as my neighbour is having exactly the same problem.

Thames Water have been round today and assured me that the pressure in the area has not been reduced and meets the minimum standards. If my neighbour has the same problems I am more than a little suspicious of their "meeting our obligation" customer service standards.

Is anyone else having similar problems in the area ?

I assume you hot water boiler is mains fed? If you have had supply disruption recently it is possible that your local (on your own property) pressure is down, either because of dirt/ grit in your supply pipe, or possibly an airlock within your own internal system. Does water coming from the mains (not from your cold water tank if you have one) appear to be flowing slowly, or 'stuttering'? An air lock can be cleared (sometimes) by turning a mains-fed cold-water tap on and blocking it for a time with your hand, then releasing it suddenly. That may clear an air block, it can also shift grit. However, if the grit has got into you hot water boiler system then you may need a plumber (if grit is an issue at all). The fact that your neighbour also has problems may reflect a local supply interruption which effected you both, particularly if you share any pipework coming from the main. Is you neighbour in another house, or in a flat in the same property?

Hi there, Thanks for that. Neighbour is in another house, so different supply. No tank at all and water is definately running more slowly than normal. Have tried the turning on and off the supply and the blocking trick, but neither improved it. It could be that Thames Water are supplying more houses temporarily whilst they are working on Peckham Rye.