Fly-tipping on Melbourne Grove

Hello there, I wonder if you can help. We have someone on Melbourne Grove that continually leaves their rubbish on top of, or around the public street bin near the old Post Office opposite No.5. This rubbish is left out exposed on the street EVERY single week (usually on a Sunday/Monday) and because there are a lot of foxes in the area, without fail the bin's contents will be scattered across the whole area when it gets dark. Obviously this is extremely unhygienic as well as dangerous because often there are food products, sharp tins, sanitary refuse as well as broken glass strewn across the whole street attracting vermin such as rats, as well as foxes and pigeons (as seen in the picture).

Plenty of times I myself have put the bins in my own wheelie and tried to help, but sometimes I get to it too late and a hungry fox has already ripped the bags open and spilled the contents everywhere. I think that whoever is doing this is creating a lot of work for the poor litter-collector that regularly cleans the street (and does a fine job) as well as spoiling the area and making it generally unhygienic and dangerous as mentioned - basically I worry that one day a small child may be injured on this broken glass.

I would like some help with a solution - maybe a sign could go up about fly-tipping on the lamppost beside the bin, and if the residents who are doing it don't have a wheelie bin (maybe they are in a flat with no front entrance) perhaps they could be supplied with an industrial wheelie bin with a lock or be allocated with one nearby.

Please help!

I'm on Melbourne Grove too and I often wade through old Pizza boxes, bits of old curry, takeaway and some rather unsanitary used feminine hygiene products that I dare not mention on this forum.

I agree, something needs to be done as it's bloody disgusting!!!

I mean, why leave food out when they must know there are loads of foxes sniffing around.