Car jacking at Sainsbury's yesterday

There was a serious car jacking at Sainsbury's yesterday afternoon - two men with gloves on walked up to two unsuspecting women who were loading their vehicle with goods and grabbed their bags, etc. I believe that whilst trying to stop this one of the women was nearly run over. In BROAD DAYLIGHT. Could Sainsbury's please beef up their security and get some proper CCTV going on in the large and sometimes lonely car park?

Would CCTV had prevented this? It's strange how CCTV seems to be considered as the default solution to everything.

Had there been CCTV then the women would probably have been attacked by men with hoodies on.

CCTV would have done jack, you can easily put a hood up... Security in sainsburys please.... they just shout at them most of them have no clue in any form of combat training or restraint techniques. This is becoming a joke now.

And just to add, if it was in broad daylight its even worse no one went to help them, i hope the people who done it get what they deserve and that the two victims are making a recovery from the shock and bruising.

This happened to me last autumn, around 7.30 pm put my shopping in the boot and placed my handbag underneath my car seat. Got in the car went to belt up and noticed that a car had blocked me in, then in the mirror saw a hand grab the back door and my handbag (from under the seat) and my work bag on back seat. I jumped out and got hold of the guy who was sitting in his car, tried to grab my bag back, yelling you bastard at the top of my voice, punched the guy in his face and tried to hang onto the car door whilst he sped away.Landed on the tarmac, sustained a cut forehead but loads of people rushed up including security, police there in less than 5 minutes. Gave description -light skinned older black guy in his 40's, one of the Sainsbury's staff saw the car and thought it was an old type Fiesta. Police checked CCTV but nothing was shown. Police and staff very helpful - stated that this was a one off incident - there had not been any reports of similiar things in the area. Had about ?170 on me as had to pay a workman the next day for a job, lost usual cards, cheque book, driving licence, phone. Work case looked like a computor case but only held papers and diary. Had to claim well over ?300 from my insurance company and had to borrow money for a couple of weeks till I got my cards reissued.

Panic not shoppers of Sainsburys they seem to be taking the matter in hand and have raised security to a top level!! A rather portly guy is wandering round scowling, warning a cap and bright yellow fluorescent jacket with Chubb on the back. I know i will feel safer from here on in!!!!

• 1 year later...
Here is a related carjacking incident. A male who stripped nude and jacked numerous automobiles in in custody in Scottsdale, Arizona Friday. His spree left numerous people hurt, and caused several accidents. Get car credit so you can get a new car.