What's happening to Friern Road?

I've been living in Friern Road for the last 6 years and was parking my car and van in front of our house and it was fine!! all of a sudden it wasnt the best road to leave cars and van. few months ago, someone break into my car, they got nothing in it; last week a neighbor's car park near school has been broken in broad daylight!! yesterday i was about to do a job with my van and found out it was broken as well; the funny thing is I drop my daughter to school by 9:00am and it fine, go down by 11am and it was broken, meaning they did it between 9-11am daytime!! this is the second time they break into my van, prior to mine, a DHL guy van was broken as well and took the catalytic converter on the exhaust! WHAT THE *%?$"! IS HAPPENING!! who can help us with this misery? ANYBODY, ANY POLITICIAN, MAYBE??

Mr. James,

Thank you for your reply. i reported the first incident when my car was broken and spoke to the regular roving policeman in the area, I think his name is James as well; they said they will send a SOCCO to take fingerprints on the car and on the last minute someone rung me back to say 'oh all the SOCCO are tied in into another incident and end up without anyone coming to see my car. yesterday, when they broke my van, i have to do a job and make a living thus ending up putting a white plastic to cover the broken glass and go on with my job annoyed by that incident.

Mr James, I would greatly appreciate if you can help or do something to stop this nasty things happenings again.

Cheers,

Micah627

I dont know if it will help. But my Dads car was vandalized twice in as many weeks. Without going into details, they were returning to his car, because the police said they needed bits from his car for another they may be doing up. The first time they took his hubcaps. The second time they came and took some silver bits (I dont know what these were, but something to do with the doors and costs a lot to replace).

So if these thieves are targeting the same types of vehicles, it may be for the same reason

James, Muffins,

I know calling the police may seem like the right thing to do, but in my experience they are not interested at all. I've had my bicycle stolen (heavy chain snipped off) from the front of my house and thought I wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting it back.

Following day I was talking to my neighbour, and it turns out his security camera overlooks a bit of my front garden - and it had recorded two guys in a van driving up, breaking the lock and taking the bike. You can see their faces and the side of the van (but not the VRN) - and I told the police all of this but, as yet (two months later) I have not been able to convince them to come and look at the video, or let me arrange an appointment to deliver it to them.

I'm not sure whose side they are on, but I'm pretty sure it isn't mine.

> You can see their faces and the side of the van (but not the VRN) - and I told the police all of this but, as yet (two months later) I have

> not been able to convince them to come and look at the video, or let me arrange an appointment to deliver it to them.

Do the faces offer a fair chance of making an identification? If so, a letter by recorded delivery to the Borough Commander, reminding him/her of your previous communications and asking whether they have any wish to examine the video and possibly use it, might not be amiss. Actually, why not just copy the video to DVD and send that with your letter?