Karavan Klosed?

Just spotted that Karavan (fair trade artefacts, next to Bells) appears to be closed - or at least, they've smeared white over the windows. Anyone know what's going on there? Le Chandelier also out of action in the same strip of shops. There are more shops empty on LL now than has been the case for years. At least things are looking busy in 116, the new gym (?) on Bassano St, where workmen were busy laying a floor this morning. It looks like quite a large space in there.

Le Chandelier is also going to re-open - understand it will be a Chandelier shop / upmarket tea shop hybrid. Doesn't sound like a money spinner but then what do I know, I gave the 'old fashioned sweet shop' idea no more than 6 months.

As I came past thsi afternoon they had a skip outside and 3 or 4 guys appeared to be gutting the interior. On Saturday the shop was certainly open - but selling its rather splendid plant pots at half price...But there's no "closing down" or "closed for refurbishment" type signs either.

euphorbia Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Le Chandelier is also going to re-open -

> understand it will be a Chandelier shop / upmarket

> tea shop hybrid. Doesn't sound like a money

> spinner but then what do I know, I gave the 'old

> fashioned sweet shop' idea no more than 6 months.

Oh Ye of little faith,I hear Hope and Greenwood are opening up a new shop in big London, also Body Shop are loooking for premises in Dulwich, any thoughts?

Hi the Karavan is not closed it is under going refurbishment. They are also changing their stock from loads of little things like they used to do to now doing big bits of furniture and a few little things.

The Chandelier shop apparently is not meant to be closed either, it is meant to be turing into another pretty little cafe but will be selling chandeliers and lights etc at the back. :))

• 2 years later...

New Eastern European Shop has been opened recently at 353 Lordship lane Dulwich Libriary area

Strongly recomend everyone to visit that shop as large variaty of all Eastern Eoropean countries are on sale there. It is really cool to discover something new for you or for people fromEastern Europe remember what they always use to it.

I would like to buy an eastern European country which ones are you selling as I intend to set up an independent anarchist state for those of a sensitive nature, there will be no banks I will just take everyone's money, it will be pram free and there will be no nick knack shops, there will be no variety of food or people so no complaints. Everyone will be between 25 -35 so let me know quick so utopia can be in sight and we can stop the moaning on here for those who don't fit into said categories

Thank you

nutty Wrote:

> Where will I buy all my jossticks from now! :-S

xxxxx

If you are serious, and if you burn Nag Champa, by far the cheapest place I know is the Indian grocer in Drummond Street, behind Euston Station.

Works out at not much more than 60p a box if you get a big box containing ?twelve? boxes.

Karavan used to charge well over a quid for a box and wouldn't discount for quantity. I didn't think they still sold stuff like that though since they changed from ethnic to eco.

You can go to the Ravi Shankar in Drummond Street at the same time and get the best kulfi in London.

And go to the Cellar Upstairs folk club if it's a Saturday, hurrah! :)

If you like folk music of course. Which I do. Obviously.

:)-D

eccentric Wrote:

> > Oh Ye of little faith,I hear Hope and Greenwood

> are opening up a new shop in big London, also Body

> Shop are loooking for premises in Dulwich, any

> thoughts?

xxxxxxx

Oh please not a Body Shop - even though I have used their moisturiser for years.

Much of their stuff is just rubbish, and their perfume smells of chemicals even if it isn't made of them.

And this is the company which had their "soothing" range packaged in red, and their "stimulating" range packaged in blue. Shomething wrong there Shurely???

I bought three tubes of handcream from their internet sales thingy earlier this year, basically because it was half price and post free, so clearly the company is not exactly thriving, though didn't some massive cosmetics firm buy it out? Anyway, the handcream (which could probably have fitted into a smallish jiffy bag) arrived with each tube in a thick cardboard box, then those three cardboard boxes in another bigger cardboard box, and that bigger box was (if I remember rightly, it's upstairs and I can't be arsed to go and look) in a bag.

I have (sad I know) saved all the packaging but haven't actually got round to taking a picture of it to send to their head office to COMPLAIN!!!! This is the company which trumpets about ENVIRONMENTAL STUFF!!!!!

• 8 months later...