Loud MC-like noises!

Has anyone got a clue what that MC-ing is all about that I noticed last Wednesday, and this Wednesday and Thursday after about 5pm? It spreads right across Sainsburys car park and all through the houses close by and it is really really really annoying! Its a constant shouting person to the background of really crappy music that depending on where you stand is really loud! Is it some kind of yoof club, or just some annoying scabby gits polluting our atmosphere with this crap? Please I really dont want to sound like an old whingebag, but it is seriously offensive and hard to locate where it is coming from?!

It's me and my mates doing it actually - it's part of our GCSE in Gangsta Rap! We have hired out the Dulwich Nursery, and are rapping in the nappy changing room through an enormous coned toilet roll! We're doing it every Wednesday and Thursday from 5pm - come and join in! Ya get me?

I suspect it's coming from the Dog Kennel Hill playground. I know a guy who works there, and does a lot with the local kids. I understand your complaint, at least it's giving them something to do! Otherwise they'd be hanging around the streets.

What the hell is a bespoke home when it's, err, at home anyway?

It's either every home that's ever been built, or more it's the likes of the Californian beach home on Grove Lane, but surely it's stretching things to apply it to a bunch of boxy prefabricated flats.

Unless bespoke is some sort of euphemism for eyesore?

Have to agree though that MC'ing stuff is nonsense! what are they teaching those yoot's to do?...become noise polluters and gangsta rappers/MC's when they got older!

And then they wonder why we have such high gun crime and gang violence!

Teach them some useful life skills!

although those pesky estate agent types have conned us into thinking the rappers are actually charaters from the railway children, or the well-behaved kids from tom brown's school days. Subliminally making us think of good transport links and aspirational rural ambience of dulwich village. Nice.

"Many youngsters congregate around the area of the new bespoke home bringing an artistic and exhuberent energy to the area. The Mcing (modern day poetry) is a speciality and as sure as your woken up to the dawn of the day by beautiful choral East Dulwich birds, these youngsters will send you to sleep with some hard hitting lyrics of life on the street"

An Except fron the latest sales brochure

Jamie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Many youngsters congregate around the area of the

> new bespoke home bringing an artistic and

> exhuberent energy to the area. The Mcing (modern

> day poetry) is a speciality and as sure as your

> woken up to the dawn of the day by beautiful

> choral East Dulwich birds, these youngsters will

> send you to sleep with some hard hitting lyrics of

> life on the street"

>

> An Except fron the latest sales brochure

Top Class

Haven't heard the Mcing yet but a couple of months back there was an organised rap party/music event in Dulwich Hamlets car park. Loads of lights and speakers the size of your house lasting till about 12.30pm. Our windows were vibrating!!

It is kids at the adventure playground. Admittedly a bit noisy however it's not every day. Loads of kids (and not just 'the estate ones') use this place, which has been here for years. There will be alot of very angry parents and bored youngsters if the new flats in any way interfere with the playground. I can't help feeling the planning process for that building was somewhat dodgy and it would be the icing on the cake if they tried to shut down a valuable play space.

That's not true! If these teenagers are doing some MCing, and someone has the time to let them do it, and express themselves, then good on them. What would they be doing otherwise???

It's not like giving a greasy long haired tenn a guitar is going to lead them in to heavy drugs and trashing hotel rooms!

What like Banksey, who has taken it upon his arrogant self to travel the world, and impose his art on everyone whether they like it or not! Sorry, slightly off topic, but I hate that tw@t!

I actually don't mind a bit of graffiti, which is why the playground is suck a great place for them, as they can MC, and it's covered in quality old skool art! B)