Police helicopters over camberwell cemetery? (Shooting)

Toxtoth

Seems there were a large group of people on Forest Hill Road (near Herne Tavern group of shops)heading in direction of local cemetery and there was a shooting with at least one person hitting the ground. A friend of mine has just let me know about it as he had just got off the bus there at the time.

Yes I was just about to go to the bus stop. Going to work.

It was cordoned off by the police. Gang shooting. I decided to go straight back home. I live on Marmora Road.. the shooting was at the bus stop directly around the corner from it on New Forest Road.

I was going past in a car at about 3.10pm and saw a man lying on the ground and there were no police or ambulances there so it must have literally just happened. I thought perhaps he had collapsed but there were people looking after him so I didn't stop. Up the road there were around 100 people just outside/inside the cemetery looking as if they were about to attend a funeral. I'm guessing the two were linked somehow?

About 20 minutes ago, my husband was walking past Camberwell New Cemetery and said it appeared to a be gang shooting. Two police helicopters circling overhead. It was mayhem on Forest Hill Road, near the French Cafe - police with machine guns. Looks like it was some kind of gang funeral and someone opened fire. Some very dodgy looking characters - and those are just the women. Multiple road and air ambulances in peckham park. Helicopter above. Guy at scene says 3 dead and several injured.

All unsubstantiated of course. Terrible news for the families.

I heard this as I left at about 11.30 and yet when I went to (do a funeral at) Lambeth Crematorium, that crematorium had police helicopters circling as well and yet there weren't any young people being cremated there today. No idea what they were doing there as well. But indeed I agree, a sad day for the families and friends involved.