Cold/flu bug??

susierose

Has anyone had a really bad cold type bug, cough, tummy cramps, sickness and headaches loss of voice? I have had one for nearly 2 weeks now! doctors tomorow and im fed up with them saying sstay at home and dont come to surgery! just wonderd if it was somthing going round.

Hi

I was wondering the same as my husband has been ill for the past two and half weeks and I am getting a little concerned as I can now safely say its not manflu. His symptoms are more gastroenteritis/stomach flu though - he has had stomach cramps and very upset stomach and can barely eat since the begining of December (which is very unlike him!).

Sorry - forgot to include - I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like a really nasty bug :((

I probably got mine from someone who insisted on being in the waiting room at the surgery rather than taking their advice AND STAYING AT HOME!

And those martyrs who insist on going to work when they are clearly infectious and insist on sharing it with everyone on crowded busses and tubes, oh well done!

Whinge over.

Susierose, yep to all of the above! It's a persistent bugger, but after two weeks I feel like I?m over the worst.

I do go into work though, I?m no Martyr. The chances of avoiding the numerous bugs and viruses going around are next to nothing especially in London where most of use public transport, whether that be through airborne germs on the crammed train or on surfaces such as the escalator. Chuck in that a lot of these things are at their most contagious in the first few days before you have even noticed the symptoms unless you live in an oxygen tent, get chauffeured to work, wear a face mask all day and don?t touch anything you are going to get ill. My way is to eat healthily, exercise and to get out of bed and get on with things. Oh, and plenty of paracetamol!

Thanks all! this is a real get ya down! i had very painfull cramps last night as well, like someone twisting my upper stomach! wouldnt wish it on my worst enermy! Im supoosed to spend xmas with my in-laws who are quite old and am really worried about them catching it! Think my partner would not be happy if i said i cant go! but dont want to get them ill at their age. Sod's law i think!!!! :(

Mr CS has had just the same - abdominal cramps, upset stomach and a cold that just stays and stays.

We put it down to dodgy buffet fare at a work Christmas do (though that didn't explain the sniffle), but he'll be relieved to hear that it's just another seasonal flu bug. Hope you get better soon, it's a nasty one to have!

May not be news worthy but this forum is for people in east dulwich to share info, gain info and if needed ask info. so thats that really! I needed to know something and got some really usefull replys back! So worked well for me! Thankyou you all for replying! im feeling alot better now althou throats still rough! :-) Hope all have a very merry christmas and a very happy new year! :-) :-) :-)

My 7 month old seems to have got it for the second time!!

Anyone else had any experience with a baby having it?

Baby paps is vomiting after every bottle milk or diarolyte

but doc says I need to keep on with the milk!!

Any advice grateful!!

paps Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My 7 month old seems to have got it for the second

> time!!

>

> Anyone else had any experience with a baby having

> it?

>

xxxxxx

You might get more response putting this in the Family section, maybe?

Hey !! This is news worthy.

It's a wied bug, my daughter really poorly for a week, sickness, stomach/head ache....went away then came back, had it for 3 weeks now but getting better. My teenage son just had stomach ache and headache and very noxious gases. I've just had wierd dizzy head and very knackered.

I think it's a form of the Noro......bless it !!

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a national data base you could check and see whats at large in your area?

It's the longest lasting flu turning to cough I've ever had, and I don't get them usually

4 weeks now.

Dorothy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It is December. Surely there are always

> cold/flu/stomach bugs doing the rounds? I was

> pretty poorly this time last year and have had a

> couple of viruses already this winter.

>

> Is it actually newsworthy?

I had this flu! It started with a sleepless night, then waves of nausea, night sweats and eventually the total loss of my voice. I kept working through it and ended up hanging on to the thing for six weeks!

There is nothing the GP can do for you. I finally started with Lempsip and accepted that I could not continue to keep pushing myself. A few days of total rest is working.

This virus is a really awful one. Make sure you take care of yourself.

Good luck.